News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Nano has arrived: Case and 16:10 Display are great, but the keyboard disappoints

Started by Redaktion, January 27, 2021, 20:24:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We just got the brand-new ThinkPad X1 Nano and the chassis of Lenovo's new 13-inch Ultrabook leaves a great impression right away and is much more compact than the ThinkPad X1 Carbon. However, we are disappointed by the keyboard, because it reminds us of cheaper ThinkBook or IdeaPad laptops from Lenovo due to the reduced key travel.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Nano-has-arrived-Case-and-16-10-Display-are-great-but-the-keyboard-disappoints.517258.0.html

Future Carbon owner

Hi guys thanks for the info and future test!
I would like to know if you have the matte display and if yes how crisp and nice are the colors and images compared to glossy ones ?

(I'm hesitating for my future X1 carbon, I would love a matte display but I'm not willing to sacrifice on image quality when I look at my photos or videos).

pierro78

any idea idea if the touchscreen version will be as tough/sturdy as the non touchscreen version ??

(the screen on my aluminium laptop broke when the laptop fell from a chair)

Colin

I have heard that the upcoming X1 Carbon Gen 9 shares the same keyboard as the Nano.

This sounds like the carbon might not be ideal either any longer from a keyboard perspective.

I'm looking to purchase my first thinkpad and I'm torn between the gen 9 x1 carbon, the nano, and the t14s ryzen.

I wish they would release a T14s gen 2 ryzen with a 16:10 screen. I would probably get that instead of the nano or carbon gen9

Rhys Saldanha

Any chance of a USB/TB4 + eGPU test for the Nano? I have my eye on the ThinkPad X1 Carbon G9 for this exact use case, and I suspect that the Nano's CPU isn't up to the task, but I'm curious nevertheless.

Thanks for a great article!

antonanton

I've read there are some bad decisions on storage IO: I hope they don't limit SSD speeds that much.
Also, any chance to compare it to x13: for the ones that can't decide between more power vs more mobility?
Really looking forward for the review!

xpclient

Soldered RAM and tops out at 16 GB according to https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/j2pyyx/new_thinkpad_x1_nano_tops_out_at_16gb_ram_really/? Pass.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview