News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP ZBook Fury 15 G7 Workstation Review: Vapor Chamber for Maximum Performance

Started by Redaktion, January 18, 2021, 18:44:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

10 percent lighter and 12 percent smaller than the previous generation ZBook 15 G6, the ZBook 15 G7 is a huge overhaul that doesn't sacrifice key workstation features just for the sake of style.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-ZBook-Fury-15-G7-Workstation-Review-Vapor-Chamber-for-Maximum-Performance.512628.0.html

xpclient

I am appalled that on mobile workstations, all the laptop makers correctly give touchpad buttons. 6 of them due to the pointing stick. And yet on ordinary laptops, none of the manufacturers think at least two buttons are important for comfort and precision. We get just a sunken rectangle. 😡

I Carumba

If a MSI Stealth 15 can get the weight down less than 1.7 kg, I wouldn't be boasting about a 10% weight reduction to 2.4 kg.    Chop it another 30% hp and it gets interesting.

Dorby

Quote from: I Carumba on January 19, 2021, 02:25:39
If a MSI Stealth 15 can get the weight down less than 1.7 kg, I wouldn't be boasting about a 10% weight reduction to 2.4 kg.    Chop it another 30% hp and it gets interesting.
HP already has 3 other laptops: ZBook Create, Studio and Power that are under 2kg and up to RTX 2080 Super / RTX 5000, and are far better for the target consumers than anything from MSI.

The Fury is a entirely different class of laptop focused on a different userbase.

xpclient

What in the world is that Power button/key doing in between Print Screen and Delete? You can hit it accidentally so many times. 😆

Ayoh

How would you say this compares to the ZBook Studio/Create G7 in terms of performance? They have very similar performance specs; same CPU, GPU, vapor chamber, screens etc.

The only differences seem to be in max RAM and no. of SSD slots, battery size, keyboard etc. However the Studio/Create is over 0.5kg lighter.

I am trying to decide between the two. Thanks

Mothertrucker19

Quote from: xpclient on January 19, 2021, 09:46:20
What in the world is that Power button/key doing in between Print Screen and Delete? You can hit it accidentally so many times. 😆

That, and also the half height arrow keys. Even an idepad has a better layout.

Dorby

Quote from: Ayoh on January 20, 2021, 02:19:13
How would you say this compares to the ZBook Studio/Create G7 in terms of performance? They have very similar performance specs; same CPU, GPU, vapor chamber, screens etc.

The only differences seem to be in max RAM and no. of SSD slots, battery size, keyboard etc. However the Studio/Create is over 0.5kg lighter.

I am trying to decide between the two. Thanks

My ZBook Create (i7, 2070 Super Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 4K OLED touchscreen) has a near gaming laptop level performance with the same specs. It still runs very hot at the core and the bottom of the laptop without being too loud, but that's to be expected. Feels a lot like the Razer Blade 15, but cheaper, better built, better keyboard, and most importantly with a cheaper, more numerous configuration options.
The Create and the Studio also use vapor chamber cooling, so unless you want a i9 or RTX 2080 / 5000 Max-Q, it's a good choice. Stick to the i7 and 2070 / 2070 Super Max-Q.

Of course the downside is the soldered ram and smaller battery, but I got mine on a discount for around $2k for what should've been twice as costly, so I can live with that.
Actually I'll go far as to say you'd be a fool paying full  price out of your own pocket for any business laptop. They're ridiculously overpriced and yet, very often heavily discounted.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview