News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

A Mini Multitasking Monster: Asus ZenBook Duo 14 UX482 Laptop Review (1/13 at 10am PST NDA)

Started by Redaktion, January 13, 2021, 19:16:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Asus is starting off CES 20210 with a bang by improving upon its dual-screen 14-inch subnotebook with brighter displays, new hinges, and faster performance. It mostly works if you can deal with some inherent limitations.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/A-Mini-Multitasking-Monster-Asus-ZenBook-Duo-14-UX482-Laptop-Review-1-13-at-10am-PST-NDA.513033.0.html

Sid

Nope - just nope. The thermal exhaust is a big flaw. Any laptop which cannot exhaust hot air properly while closed is nlt suitable for docking - and hence for extended productivity while switching between office and home.

Allen.Ngo

Quote from: Sid on January 13, 2021, 22:08:27
Nope - just nope. The thermal exhaust is a big flaw. Any laptop which cannot exhaust hot air properly while closed is nlt suitable for docking - and hence for extended productivity while switching between office and home.

You're right in the sense that cooling becomes more limited when the lid is closed. Asus says the laptop will automatically reduce the CPU TDP when the lid is less than 80 degrees to compensate for that.

I Carumba

I agree.   Just NOPE.

It mostly works 'now' could be their slogan.  Or dual split screens are dumb.

VaruLV

I will have to disagree with you, folks, regarding heat exhausts. Aside from heat being vented into the main display that is(some say that on older laptops with such exhaust design posed threat of display failures due to increased heat absorption from vents).
Why would you buy this laptop with dual screens with usability and productivity gains that it offers and then keep it docked? Sure, if you need to use it as a laptop only once in a while, well, perhaps this is not for your, there are plenty other laptops that would probably work out as better machines for docking and occasional take-away.
I find it as perfect companion if youre short on space and dont want to deal with external monitor.
To each their own of course, yet this looks like good evolutionary update compared to last years model.

Dorby

Still haven't disclosed what PEN technology these new ASUS laptops that support digital styluses are using.

People who use the Pen don't care about AMD or Intel, they just want to know what specs the Pen has, how is the pressure curve, how low is the latency and activation force, and how well it performs across professional software platforms.

Are these active pens as good as high-end Wacom Tablets or Apple iPads?

xpclient

ASUS is the most gimmicky company in laptops. Always some perverted designs that are just that. Fancy and gimmicks. Not useful or increasing usability without compromising something else/limitations.

Muhammad Anhar

Quote from: xpclient on January 14, 2021, 19:53:21
ASUS is the most gimmicky company in laptops. Always some perverted designs that are just that. Fancy and gimmicks. Not useful or increasing usability without compromising something else/limitations.

Looks for other product elsewhere instead of posting useless comment here.

xpclient

Quote from: Muhammad Anhar on January 16, 2021, 06:55:30
Looks for other product elsewhere instead of posting useless comment here.
Learn to ignore comments about a product that you don't agree with instead of telling people what to do and not to express their opinions. Are you new to the web? Google up some reviews about the screenpad being a gimmick. You will find hundreds of them too.

DragonFox

James Bond

So - I bought it. And I really like it.
Sure it has some flaws, gets hot and is not really a "lap-top".
But the keyboard is really good, even though the position of the key is not perfect. The keys itselfs are great!

The primary display is superb for a FullHD and the secondary is good enough for most of their use cases.

I can code on Android Studio on the primary while watching Netflix and having Whatsapp open on the secondary. perfect for me.

I like it and I will not return it.

xid

QuoteThe bottom panel pops off easily assuming you have a T5 Torx wrench on hand. There are thankfully no screws hidden underneath the rubber feet unlike on some HP laptops.

ux482eg user from asia. i'd like to note that on my new machine from sealed box *did* have screws under little rubber pads pasted to the bottom..like 5 of them. Torx T4 driver worked for me (using wiha driver).

i did get my 512gb ssd upgraded to 2tb after removing all screws.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview