News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G-powered Lenovo Tab P11 Pro tablet hits the market for US$499.99 and up

Started by Redaktion, December 14, 2020, 18:16:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Announced back in August, the 11.5-inch Lenovo Tab P11 Pro is now finally available for purchase. Priced at US$499.99 and up, this slate features an OLED with 2,560 x 1,600 pixels and Dolby Vision, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G processor, and 4 GB/128 GB and up of memory/storage.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Qualcomm-Snapdragon-730G-powered-Lenovo-Tab-P11-Pro-tablet-hits-the-market-for-US-499-99-and-up.509375.0.html

Mark Brackley

Oh, Lenovo. I am so sorry to say this.

It is very simple. No 120Hz - no buy.

Far too little of a value proposition here compared to Galaxy Tab S7. After I've seen that smooth display, it is impossible to go back, even to a $400 Tab S6.
Better luck next-gen, and make it fast. (pun intended)

GOGo

What is even the point of this? Do people look at this and feel the unstoppable urge to buy it instead of an iPad or Galaxy Tab S6/7 or a cheap laptop?

MattyS

I don't think Lenovo are trying to pitch this to people who already have a tablet with a 120hz display. This does seem a bit overpriced though, at least when compared to the cheapest version of the Tab S7.

I think the reason why someone may buy this is because it isn't Apple, Samsung or Huawei. Lenovo still provide close to stock android and that is an attractive option for those who dislike Samsung's approach. This seems kind of like a large Pixel 4a, performance wise – good enough for many, if not flagship level. Unlike with mid/high tier smartphones though there really isn't a lot of choice when it comes to mid/high tier tablets.

I wonder why it has taken Lenovo so long to release this, after announcing it back in August. Even allowing for Covid it seems like an uncoordinated and uncommunicative approach – if they actually want people to buy it.

QMAMBO13

so, no 5G (or 4G/LTE as standard) & no WiFi 6/AX - At this price-point and in December 2020, those omissions are DEAL-BREAKERS. Pitched as a media tab (11.5", 2K Display) the lack of 120Hz refresh is unforgivable - Maybe 'L's' Chairman'll give his mum one for Crissy - so can you say, epic fail & DOA. - QMAMBO13

Codrut Nistor

Arudis

Quote from: Codrut Nistor on December 16, 2020, 16:52:40
Agree with you regarding the delay, but I also think that 120 Hz is way overrated these days...

Very much so.  I'd rather have the battery life or higher resolution than the 120hz for a media consumption tablet.

Quote from: QMAMBO13 on December 16, 2020, 10:35:00
so, no 5G (or 4G/LTE as standard) & no WiFi 6/AX - At this price-point and in December 2020, those omissions are DEAL-BREAKERS. Pitched as a media tab (11.5", 2K Display) the lack of 120Hz refresh is unforgivable - Maybe 'L's' Chairman'll give his mum one for Crissy - so can you say, epic fail & DOA. - QMAMBO13

They do have an LTE SKU, however it's not available yet.

Quote from: MattyS on December 16, 2020, 09:14:17
I think the reason why someone may buy this is because it isn't Apple, Samsung or Huawei. Lenovo still provide close to stock android and that is an attractive option for those who dislike Samsung's approach. This seems kind of like a large Pixel 4a, performance wise – good enough for many, if not flagship level. Unlike with mid/high tier smartphones though there really isn't a lot of choice when it comes to mid/high tier tablets.

This.  Us Samsung devices have locked bootloader these days.  I've been looking everywhere for something w/ a little umph and mostly stock android and an unlockable bootloader bc I need root for work. Also need the LTE for work so I have to wait a little longer but there's really nothing else out there that's not some weak-mode budget crap.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview