News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD's Ryzen 7 5800H mobile APU with Zen3 cores makes its first appearance in Geekbench

Started by Redaktion, December 03, 2020, 15:18:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The test results are irrelevant due to the processor being locked at low frequencies, but we do get to see how the upcoming Cezanne APU differs from the Renoir predecessor spec-wise. It looks like the base clocks are receiving a 300 MHz bump and we might see a similar bump for the boost clocks. Furthermore, the L3 cache was doubled from 8 MB to 16 MB.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-s-Ryzen-7-5800H-mobile-APU-with-Zen3-cores-makes-its-first-appearance-in-Geekbench.507364.0.html

cm820

Quote from: expresspotato on December 03, 2020, 17:45:59
Hoping to see this in an XPS sooner rather than later!

My memory is a bit hazy, but IIRC XPS line is codeveloped with Intel. Probably we won't see any AMD CPU in XPS anytime soon. Except Dell makes an equivalent of XPS for AMD.

Anooo

I'm waiting for around Q2-Q3 2021 to get the most ultra premium 16:10, 15-17" laptop with full AMD, if not dell xps than something else who will be the first ones.

xpclient

Vega means no AV1 decoding in AMD laptops. While for desktops, AMD is king, for laptops, Intel Tiger Lake is looking like an overall better proposition for me. With Thunderbolt, I also plan to run a single USB-C monitor, the Dell U2421E which charges the laptop, and has RJ45/Ethernet passthrough as well as USB hub functionality.

_MT_

Quote from: xpclient on December 05, 2020, 08:38:34
Vega means no AV1 decoding in AMD laptops.
While it wouldn't be surprising, I don't think it's certain (they can upgrade the video decoder). If so, then we'll have to wait for Van Gogh for AV1 acceleration.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview