News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

DPC Latency Ranking - Which notebooks and Windows tablets offer the lowest latency

Started by Redaktion, November 16, 2020, 21:36:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Our DPC Latency ranking shows the list of all tested laptops and tablets and their ability to use them for real time audio and video.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/DPC-Latency-Ranking-Which-notebooks-and-Windows-tablets-offer-the-lowest-latency.504376.0.html

ggg

Thank you for this great ranking list. It is something the creator community has been looking for. Keep it up and add to it please!

Thanks!!!

Esko

Geat job!!! amazin value content you guys have!!
i'm also curious for the test you guys did for the Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15IIL05
while its on the list being lowest latency on budget on the list it is still writen that it is not suitable cose of bad latency?
i would really like to buy this computer but now im not sure :D

you answer would be highly appreciated

Tompa

If you are going to use your laptop for music production you can most of the times use it even if this test shows it is not suitable for real time audio.
You have to google for info how to set up a windows laptop for music production, it is not that hard. I have used laptops with 2000 or more microseconds in this test when not optimized and they work fine when optimized. And you dont have to do things with BIOS etc, just try the easy optimizations and see how it goes. Remember this test is for things measured in microseconds, not the latency you speak of when recording. When recording audio or VSTs, that latency is measured in milliseconds and is not measuring the same thing.
And use a USB sound card made for recording music. Even the cheap ones are usually ok, but try to check if other people use it with your OS and DAW.
If you are still having problems try to disable your wifi card when recording and maybe use your on board graphics card (disable the powerful graphic card you use for video or gaming.)

Try to find out what laptops other musicians use and most of all, try to use what you have and make music and dont try to find the perfect system.

Peter Musgrove

I've been looking for the Asus ux5400E, but can't find any results online.

The Asus online store lists ux5400EA and ux5400EG - are either of these the models the Zenbook that appears on this list?

For mixing only, I could get away with a higher latency, but my priority having the ability to play in real time with VST instruments.

Thanks in advance and for this great information!

sinjin

funny that the Zenbook result range between 5000 to 5 ms, I wonder what the difference is between these units?

Bill Young

How is this useful?
My Dell XPS 13 9360 has suddenly got awful latency so may need replaced.  But Dell appears at the top AND bottom of this list.  I've been an XPS fan-boy until the last weeks but now, disillusioned, I was hoping this list would point me to a replacement.  No joy.

Pictus

The tweaks I mentioned at
vi-control.net/community/threads/nvidia-latency-worse-with-more-recent-gpus.139234/#post-5336215
will lower the overall DPC latency and works for Intel/AMD/Nvidia.

Lucas

The ultra Low latency is really usefull for recording multiple instruments at the same time. but is always recomended to have, worst thing is a high latency, you get a lot of pops and cracks in the audio, and can also affect frame hate in games and movies.

jeanmarie

Great JOB.

In 2 years a lot has changed.. Did you plan an update , including 2023 laptops ?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview