News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP EliteBook 845 G7 review: AMD laptop is also better with Ryzen 5 than with Intel

Started by Redaktion, November 07, 2020, 03:38:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With the Ryzen 5 PRO, the 14-incher goes full throttle and outclasses the top models from Intel. In addition, it offers great runtimes, a low noise level, and excellent maintenance options. However, it doesn't manage to achieve the subnotebook-megastar status because of the display.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-EliteBook-845-G7-review-AMD-laptop-is-also-better-with-Ryzen-5-than-with-Intel.502343.0.html

daviddocub

But suspiciously AMD HP elitebook are very difficult to find. Until recently they appeared on the HP website here in US with a very high price for customize

AZ

In the review you say that the cameras in Acer TravelMate P6 and Dell Latitude 7410 are worse than this laptops'. Yet, you gave a lower score to this HP (29%) than the two competitors (39% and 37%). Why is that?

davids

Thanks, great review as always! Appreciate reviewing more Ryzen business laptops, apart from Thinkpads that is.

JulyJ

I have almost the same (except screen size) EliteBook 835 G7 (AMD Ryzen 5 version) and it is simply excellent with it's 400-nit display. The 845 G7 also can be equipped with such display (or even 1000-nit one). Though I spent some time until I found it available.

Tom Clansy

JDog

Seriously does anyone know how to tell which display is which on the used market? From what I can tell all privacy screens should have the 1000 nit screens (but that includes very bad viewing angles). As far as the 250 vs 400 nit screen there is no way to tell? This is a huge problem when trying to pick up Elitebooks on ebay vs Dell Latitudes which are all about 400 nits.

Lebr0nJams

Quote from: JulyJ on November 09, 2020, 12:12:24I have almost the same (except screen size) EliteBook 835 G7 (AMD Ryzen 5 version) and it is simply excellent with it's 400-nit display. The 845 G7 also can be equipped with such display (or even 1000-nit one). Though I spent some time until I found it available.

Hello, can you please tell me if you know a way how to tell which is 250 vs 400? Is it tied to the CPU model maybe?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview