News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia's RTX 3080 GPU is not particularly impressive in latest leaked Ashes of the Singularity benchmarks

Started by Redaktion, September 08, 2020, 15:20:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Ashes of the Singularity tests are probably showing the absolute worst case scenario as far as performance differences between the RTX 3080 and the RTX 2080 TI go, at least when it comes to stock clocks.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-s-RTX-3080-GPU-is-not-particularly-impressive-in-latest-leaked-Ashes-of-the-Singularity-benchmarks.492431.0.html

My boy

I don't see why this is damning against the 3080 when the benchmark clearly shows that it was tested on a lower spec pc, I don't think I'm going fault Nvidia when it wasn't tested on an identical system

Robert

It's very important to note that the test benches are different for each GPU. The 2080 is running on a Threadripper 3970X (32cores), the 2080Ti is running on a I9 7900X (10cores), and the 3080 is running on an I9 9900K (8cores). You can find benchmarks of a 2080 Supers beating 2080Ti cards with higher end processors because Ashes of the Singularity draws more performance from the CPU than most games do. These benchmarks (though interesting) are quite skewed. Looking forward to seeing 1:1 test bench results.

Tyler

Talk about misleading info, that 2080 ti is overclocked to the tits!  If you pull up a stock card its closer to 60 frames.... which shows an impressive increase. nice reporting.

Eben Genis

The title is literally click bait  :-\

Your comparing the previous gens best vs the new gens mid tier and the new gen is still winning although it's only a few frames, it's s facing off against a ti a card that most of the general public can't even afford, plus leaked? Seriously... Get real world results and benchmarks if you'd like to write tech articles when clearly you're just copying what everyone else is saying.

whataboutnoah

Quote from: Robert on September 08, 2020, 19:26:32
It's very important to note that the test benches are different for each GPU. The 2080 is running on a Threadripper 3970X (32cores), the 2080Ti is running on a I9 7900X (10cores), and the 3080 is running on an I9 9900K (8cores). You can find benchmarks of a 2080 Supers beating 2080Ti cards with higher end processors because Ashes of the Singularity draws more performance from the CPU than most games do. These benchmarks (though interesting) are quite skewed. Looking forward to seeing 1:1 test bench results.

^^^this.  AoS is one of the few games able to actually use all available cores, and routinely maxes out cpu usage.  A cpu bottleneck is a much more likely scenario.  Sorry article, you have been relegated to click bait:/

Lol

This comment section is winning. What a lame article!

Just want to also add, all benchmarks are suspect until nvidia at least gets a chance to release day 1 drivers for 30 series.

HankHill

Speaking from experience, there are always some games that make Nvidia cards look good, or make AMD cards look good. Ashes of Singularity is one of those games that make AMD cards look better. I think it would be interesting to see the comparison after AMD releases its own version of RTX and DLSS.

Jose Cervantes

Literal click bait, game is known to be CPU heavy, it shouldn't be considered as anything but a CPU test.

TRUTH

Hope at least you got paid by AMD to release such a joke article when the entire world perfectly knows that game is actually one of the most (or the most) CPU limited atm.

Idiot

You have to be a big idiot to fake benchmark. People reading benchmark know stuff so you dont full them with stupid rigged results

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview