News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Spin 5 SP513 Laptop Review: Optimized 13-Inch Convertible with Clickpad Problems

Started by Redaktion, August 24, 2020, 23:22:30

Previous topic - Next topic

vertigo

Quote from: Mothertrucker19 on September 20, 2020, 15:12:17Yeah, based on posts on reddit and my own Ms customer "care" is painfully annoying.

Unfortunately, it seems the same can probably be said for almost every manufacturer. I've personally had terrible experience with Microsoft and (multiple times) with Lenovo. I will never buy another MS computer because of my experience with the SP3 and with MS "support," and I would pay more for a similar computer from other manufacturers than for one from Lenovo since a) contrary to popular opinion, I have not found the build quality to be very good, and b) I have absolutely ZERO faith in them to provide adequate support. But I've also seen a lot of negative comments about Dell and HP, and have seen first-hand some of it from Dell when looking recently at one of their 2-in-1s (lots of complaints about battery life, and instead of admitting that it's unacceptable and/or trying to help people, they posted and said that ~2-3 hours is normal for a $1,500+ business/premium (non-gaming) laptop. So basically, I read their response as "yes, our product is overpriced shi+ and you just have to deal with it." For all I know, ASUS and Acer are just as bad, but at this point I don't have any personal experience one way or the other with them and haven't seen much, if any, negative comments about them, so I'm leaning toward them just because of that.

But unfortunately, when it comes down to it, there's only a handful of manufacturers and very limited options, so it's likely I'll have to go with a brand I don't like just because they're the only ones that have a laptop that fits what I want/need. And ultimately, they know that, and they know they can offer crap service because people will buy their products anyways; even if a competitor has a similar computer, odds are that competitor sucks just as much, so consumers are forced to choose between one crappy option or another. Just like with phone companies, ISPs (when you even have a choice), cell phone manufacturers, etc. Just not enough competition.

Mothertrucker19

I'm leaning towards Acer as they have multiple physical stores near me, with great staff in my experience. So maybe that's better than a full onilne support.

Kola

I'm shocked Christian Hintze did not include the Surface Pro 7 in the various comparison.  It seems to me more of a competition for this Acer also.

Mothertrucker19

So I just got mine.

The stength of the 5GHz wifi is not great unfortunately.
with the new 1.05 BIOS the performance is better on the CPU and doesn't really drop, the CB R15 scores stayed in the 670-690 range, only dropping down to the 660s in tablet mode.
Turning off the sound enhancements on the speakers hleps with sound quality in my opinion.

Unfortunately there's a problem with the hinge on mine, where it doesn't open evenly, so the laptop wobbles quite a bit, and this becomes more apparent the further i open the screen.

Also the fingerprint reader works in the non laptop modes too, but not as reliably.

Aaron Harchak

The laptop community has spoken but I disagree, this is a great laptop. It is light, it has good battery life and it has fantastic ports. It will run two external displays native and you can charge it using USB C. The display is fantastic, the keyboard and trackpad adequate and the price beats the competition. What more can you ask for?

Mothertrucker19

Quote from: Aaron Harchak on November 04, 2020, 06:51:26
The laptop community has spoken but I disagree, this is a great laptop. It is light, it has good battery life and it has fantastic ports. It will run two external displays native and you can charge it using USB C. The display is fantastic, the keyboard and trackpad adequate and the price beats the competition. What more can you ask for?

This is why I chose it. Some little thing didn't work out for me unfortunately, but it is still awesome for the price.
I only whish it had IR cameras or the fingerprint reader in an other location, and a sunken power button. Also the speakers were off to my liking, and I still don't understand why windows doesn't have a built in equalizer.

So it's an awesome 2-in-1 for the price, and an even better Surface Laptop alternative.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview