News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Next-gen console prices and release dates allegedly leaked with Microsoft's Xbox Series X and S taking very strong positions against the PlayStation 5 consoles

Started by Redaktion, August 18, 2020, 21:01:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Tiger

Where I come from everyone has an Xbox or a PC except if you're 10 then you have Nintendo. If you make it cheaper then more people will buy it that's the way it works. Unless you just have to have a Sony exclusive or you're just plain dumb.

Sgk

It's always about games and never about the consoles horsepower. Sony tends to have better game titles very much like PS4 and I don't see any reason to go for Xbox if there is no compelling game titles. As simple as that.

ScottJ

Where I live, the majority of games played and sold are games that are playable on both consoles. The only exclusive games I've seen on sale are god of war and halo. So it all comes down to which controller feels best and personally, I prefer the ergonomics of the Xbox controllers. Plus more and more multiplayer games are becoming cross play so you don't have to choose if you want to play with your friends who are on other consoles.

Idontkbowheressomestuf7

Easy choice for me to go with
PlayStation. I want games that aren't held back by the previous generation. I mean seriously developing games that must run on the ORIGINAL XBOX ONE. That's insane.
Also to the xboxers who say PS4 exclusives looked great. They are. I jumped ship and have loved my console immensely. Though I mostly play rocket league nowadays omfg and metro exodus (amazing af if you haven't tried it). So I guess those are crossplat anyway...still.

Fedup

I hate these articles.  When it starts with 'allegedly leaked' - how can this be news worthy?  Or when the article starts and says it not confirmed later in the article.  If you can't report facts, then don't report.

Orimura

I don't care if the Xbox is $99 I'm not buying one. I'll stick with the platform with the stronger game exclusives and that is Sony.

Daddydurham79

I will buy the xbox X and the cheaper Sony for the select game titles. This price war works out good for me so I hope it's true.

Noah

I guess releasing a less powerful Xbox is cool for the price but when Sony has a 100 dollar less digital edition that doesn't skimp on power, I don't see why anyone would get the Xbox series S. If you want both you could get both for about a grand when it's said and done or if you have a pc just get a ps5. I don't see any reason to get an Xbox right now. It'll be a good buy in about a year but not at launch.

Anonym

@Noah Actually, if the Series X matched the rumored PS5 DE price, one could argue that for the price of a single upgrade to an RX5700 XT card you're getting the full package (8-core Ryzen, 16GB RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD, motherboard, PSU, case, gamepad, ...). That value argument didn't go unnoticed in my purchase planning, as is the reason why the PS5 DE edges the Xboxes within this pricing scheme (even if those nextgen games are yet to arrive). Things would change dramatically if the Series X price-matched the PS5 DE, only because I am already inside the Xbox ecosystem and would immediately benefit from the upgrade (the One S is just barely keeping up this generation).

@ScottJ For some reason the Xbox controller is so underrated by the general public, but was indeed one of the main reasons I chose the One S over the PS4 Slim. The ergonomics are just phenomenal, and I really enjoy the fact it uses regular AA rechargeable batteries -- I always have fully charged spares and have the peace of mind that my controller's life won't be dictated by the internal battery charging cycles. Brilliant!

Dan Smith

Ps fan boys are gonna hate. But the Xbox series x is so much stronger than the ps5 its not even worth it for Sony to release it.  It doesn't run 4k(it doesn't. Ive tested it) the ps5 is using split rdna1 and 2 while series x is all rdna 2. Ps5 will be another epic failure like the ps4. They will re release it as a PRO version later allegedly with better performance but that is unlikely as they didn't fix anything with the ps4 pro either..  upscale 4k is not NATIVE.  As a tester I can solidly say the ps5 is not worth the money at all.  I'll get one simply for the exclusives but I get sweet prices . If I was made to pay full price I wouldn't even consider putting one in my house.  As far as consoles go though XBOX has always had the superior system. But any real gamer knows PC is better than both lol.  Which brings me to one final point.  Microsoft windows Microsoft XBOX.   Compatibility is phenomenal and buying a disc game and being able to play it from my laptop 3 provinces away..thats an enormous advantage to the PS vs XBOX things.  I hate to say it but sonys fucked.  Should have stuck to making TVs and walkmans(which they are good at)

Huh?

Quote from: Dan Smith on August 20, 2020, 17:53:52
Ps fan boys are gonna hate. But the Xbox series x is so much stronger than the ps5 its not even worth it for Sony to release it.  It doesn't run 4k(it doesn't. Ive tested it) the ps5 is using split rdna1 and 2 while series x is all rdna 2. Ps5 will be another epic failure like the ps4. They will re release it as a PRO version later allegedly with better performance but that is unlikely as they didn't fix anything with the ps4 pro either..  upscale 4k is not NATIVE.  As a tester I can solidly say the ps5 is not worth the money at all.  I'll get one simply for the exclusives but I get sweet prices . If I was made to pay full price I wouldn't even consider putting one in my house.  As far as consoles go though XBOX has always had the superior system. But any real gamer knows PC is better than both lol.  Which brings me to one final point.  Microsoft windows Microsoft XBOX.   Compatibility is phenomenal and buying a disc game and being able to play it from my laptop 3 provinces away..thats an enormous advantage to the PS vs XBOX things.  I hate to say it but sonys fucked.  Should have stuck to making TVs and walkmans(which they are good at)
Dusk Golem, is that you?
It's the internet, you can say you are Bill Gates and no one will give a f*ck. All people care about are proofs. Care to show us a game that is running on the actual XSX instead of just spouting nonsense? Even Ms admitted that Halo gameplay reveal was indeed ran on a PC with "similar specs". And none other game was specified to run on XSX either.

Tabitha Dowling

Isn't this the same person who has been wrong pretty much every time he posts up a "leak"? Why is this guy still relevant? 🤔

ephoph

the problem is when he/she/it says "ps5 will be an epic failure like ps4 was" it destroys any and all credibility that he/she/it even hoped to have. its at that point that the comment becomes simple garden variety douchebaggery that really has no merit- just an emotional outburst.  gonna need he/she/it and their ilk to go ahead and get covid and just leave it untreated.  the world wont lose anything.

C-note

I got a laptop two months ago with the same hardware these systems have and they still aren't out yet.  Im gonna say it, cause that's what it is.  Counsels are just economy gaming computers.  PC rules and counsels drool!

itseme

What a nonsense, or people are really ...uhm, dumb?

XSS + Game Pass = $299 + $100(?) per year for like 150 games
- so for the price of a PS5 DE alone...you get an Xbox and lots of games (including all future titles), and can stream XSX quality later on via xCloud...

PS5 DE + 1 Game = $399 + $80 for ONE(! f*cking) game
- you can be sure, digital editions of games will cost sh*tload of money comparable to retail and as more DE are sold, there will be less sales etc, since you locked yourself into their very own store. well done!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview