News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

DxOMark's evaluation of the Sony Xperia 1 II audio capabilities requires some nuance

Started by Redaktion, August 09, 2020, 10:54:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Sony Xperia 1 II recently made the trip over to DxOMark for an evaluation of its audio performance. The results turned out to be rather unimpressive, but some nuance is required for proper judgment.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/DxOMark-s-evaluation-of-the-Sony-Xperia-1-II-audio-capabilities-requires-some-nuance.484839.0.html

DJ Welltton

I tried to make a comment on DXOMARK countless times but I couldn't because they prohibit comments that don't please them!  Even so, many people tried and failed to speak there!
DXOMARK today is being considered by many people as a communist way of acting and this is very ridiculous seeing that it is not possible to buy a car and it drives itself the same way that they do their sayings whose unfair tests wanting things to do all  things alone!  In the initial descriptions of this company that is said to be a company that I see without a minimum of respect because they do not do tests as they should be done.  They took the device in the same way that it comes from the factory and they didn't care if they want Dolby Atmos and nothing else and even said they are doing tests.  DXOMARK Tests is the worst garbage there is and I believe that everyone who gives them a minimum of importance will be blind and stupid because of unfair methods.

DXOMARK sucks and rubbish in all the tests they say they do because they will only do tests for those who pay for them ...

JoeBlack

Quote from: DJ Welltton on August 09, 2020, 17:04:13
I tried to make a comment on DXOMARK countless times but I couldn't because they prohibit comments that don't please them!  Even so, many people tried and failed to speak there!
DXOMARK today is being considered by many people as a communist way of acting and this is very ridiculous seeing that it is not possible to buy a car and it drives itself the same way that they do their sayings whose unfair tests wanting things to do all  things alone!  In the initial descriptions of this company that is said to be a company that I see without a minimum of respect because they do not do tests as they should be done.  They took the device in the same way that it comes from the factory and they didn't care if they want Dolby Atmos and nothing else and even said they are doing tests.  DXOMARK Tests is the worst garbage there is and I believe that everyone who gives them a minimum of importance will be blind and stupid because of unfair methods.

DXOMARK sucks and rubbish in all the tests they say they do because they will only do tests for those who pay for them ...
Sooo ... you saying that they tested Sony phone without Dolby Atmos and it didn't went well, with Atmos it should sound better?
How is it even possible that Sony is not capable of tuning ITS OWN speakers to sound decent?
Do not tell me Sony was that lazy to give it to "Dolby team" and said "Please fix it somehow" ... I know it's Sony so that should not be as surprising but ... damm that's cynical.

Jjw

Quote from: JoeBlack on August 09, 2020, 20:03:52

Sooo ... you saying that they tested Sony phone without Dolby Atmos and it didn't went well, with Atmos it should sound better?
How is it even possible that Sony is not capable of tuning ITS OWN speakers to sound decent?
Do not tell me Sony was that lazy to give it to "Dolby team" and said "Please fix it somehow" ... I know it's Sony so that should not be as surprising but ... damm that's cynical.

Or you know they tuned it with dolby in mind. Regardless of whether or not you agree, the conclusion in the review says that dolby improves everything but never says whether or not dolby was considered in the final test scores.
Not to mention its off by default which dxomark has a reputation for not considering things that aren't auto or default. 

S.Yu

The very fact that the score doesn't factor in connectivity options proves how unreliable it is, and fragmentation of C port compatibility only complicates that. With 3.5mm, you can almost consistently rely on a straightforward and unified method of testing.
Quote from: DJ Welltton on August 09, 2020, 17:04:13

I can attest to that. Years ago they've been deleting negative comments, I can imagine that it's not even worse since their twisted business model is working out smoothly for them.

Shinbi

Using Xperia 1 II, I would give this phone a pretty low score for its audio too.
1: The speakers themselves are not placed evenly. Top speaker is placed the middle, but the bottom is placed more to the right. So when holding it facing you to watch something, it gives off an uneven hearing.
2: Bottom speaker isn't real front facing. The bottom speaker is a gap, with tiny speaker hole pointing downward inside it. The sound then bounces out to the front like how we have our hands at the speakers sometime to make them sound louder.
3: Dolby Atmos makes it sound better but not always. When on, voice & bass sound louder, and sound like they come from middle of the screen, in exchange for overall audio clarity. I play with it often, but normally I have it off for more natural sounding.
This phone is a mess, and I'm not just talking about the audio alone. XD

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview