News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

It's been 6 months since AMD announced the octa-core Ryzen 7 4800U. Why is it MIA?

Started by Redaktion, July 20, 2020, 07:52:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Cryio

Ironically, I have a friend with an Lenovod IdeaPad 5 with 4800U. Wants to sell it given he likes Macbook Airs overall construction, screen and keyboard layout more.

Also,wasn't the 4900U the top 15W CPU?

anaconda

Got my Lenovo Slim 7 4800U today. Installing soon a second nvme ssd in it. Looks promising, screen is of course quite glossy.

Dean Woodyatt

I had delivered back in June an Ideapad 5, 15" with a 4800U / 16Gig

The thing flies! - the benchmarks you see online are actually less than what I'm regularly getting when in extreme mode!

Plays games superbly too, Skyrim with HQ texture pack - everything ultra
Starcraft - everything max
Fortnite  - everything max

Very Very happy - and it only cost £500! I'd need to spend double that to get a similarly performing DESKTOP!

GordonnotRamsay

I really often wonder why they make these things so fast. It's not like software upgrades as often. It's almost always buggy with new processors.

4800U owner

Like others wrote before, Lenovo is selling (or sold) 4800U laptops already.
I'm writing this on my IdeaPad 5 15" with 4800U and all the best options I could configure it with, coming to a price of 550€ (incl 19% VAT). It was a steal!

In Extreme Performance mode (25W instead of 15) I'm scratching at 4000 points in Cinebench R20 multi core and 488 single core.

Jörg A.

Does anyone with an Ideapad 5 with Ryzen 4800u experience BSOD when playing games (on steam)? Read some reports, so I'm currently not sure if I should buy that machine.
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview