News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

W26: A blatant Apple Watch clone with IP68 certification, a heart rate monitor ECG functionality for under US$25

Started by Redaktion, July 03, 2020, 16:00:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A new and unabashed Apple Watch clone has hit the market, complete with IP68 certification and ECG functionality. Called the W26, the smartwatch is available from multiple brands for under US$25 and comes with a heart rate monitor along with a 1.75-inch display.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/W26-A-blatant-Apple-Watch-clone-with-IP68-certification-a-heart-rate-monitor-ECG-functionality-for-under-US-25.479513.0.html

A

Someone should buy a bunch of these chinese smartwatches and do a roundup test to see how accurate their sensors are.

I am not a big fan of the ugly Apple watch look, but for $25... that said if the sensors are completely inaccurate then it completely defeats the point...

Is notebookcheck interested in doing a roundup to test how accurate all these smartwatches are?

M k

Who the f believes that this thing is real. It will show random numbers for ecg and other sensors. Maybe the heart rate will work. It's not ip68 certified for sure. It's just another horrible clone

A

Quote from: M k on July 05, 2020, 14:21:08
Who the f believes that this thing is real. It will show random numbers for ecg and other sensors. Maybe the heart rate will work. It's not ip68 certified for sure. It's just another horrible clone

That's my point, notebookcheck advertises all these chinese knock offs one after another but so far I haven't seen any reviews for these knock offs. Who knows, maybe one of them has accurate readings, or maybe not.

If they can do a comparison of how these fair vs Samsung, Apple, and other big brands. Do they even count steps accurately?

Ricci Rox

Quote from: A on July 06, 2020, 06:59:19

That's my point, notebookcheck advertises all these chinese knock offs one after another but so far I haven't seen any reviews for these knock offs. Who knows, maybe one of them has accurate readings, or maybe not.

If they can do a comparison of how these fair vs Samsung, Apple, and other big brands. Do they even count steps accurately?

This isn't an advert, though. It's simply information on a funky new product. You choose what to do with that information.

A

Quote from: Ricci Rox on July 06, 2020, 07:52:28
Quote from: A on July 06, 2020, 06:59:19

This isn't an advert, though. It's simply information on a funky new product. You choose what to do with that information.

I understand that, but what information? What should we expect? The problem here is that most people have never owned a smartwatch so they have nothing to compare to or base of or judge.

Even the notebookcheck reviews of the big brand smartwatches are quite...lacking? There is no standardize test for smartwatches yet, I didn't even see the reviews mention how well they do in sunlight, no testing using multiple usages, virtually no details on accuracy of the sensors vs professional equipment.

What I am saying is it's about time we get some real testing for these things, to see how well the big brand watches really are and how do these chinese knockoffs compare. We've seen budget smartphones and tablets can be quite competitive despite their low price or some can be complete junk.

Where do we stand with smartwatches? Maybe if they tried a few of them and compared them, it would be clear if they are worth the buy or what to expect.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview