News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 was the last truly great Android flagship

Started by Redaktion, June 21, 2020, 19:56:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Binus

The Note 4 was the last flagship. Hundreds of Note 9 suffer from a green discoloration after one year of use. Please Google Note9,  s10 display issues.  The UI software bricked the screen display and samsung is NOT taking accountability. They are charging $350 for it.

Kenboston

The article is spot on.
Battery lasts forever unless playing CoD. Pretty much my perfect phone. Wish it would keep getting Android major updates.

Marlo Manger

Apart from all of that, the note series has never been a flagship completely unnecessary statement. The One Plus 8 Pro will also be great in 2 years at least the 12GB Ram and 256 rom version.

Michael Anderson

I absolutely loved the Note 9 ... but I have to say that I love the Note 10+ even more.  My issue (yes, singular) with the Note 9 was that the selfie cam was sub-par, and as a runner I have my phone in my FlipBelt and take it out for a post-run selfie and too often the Note 9 would have blurry or otherwise sub-optimal images (sure, you might say that should just deter me from too many selfies, but hey - always good to track progress, right?!?)

The Note 10+ has better selfie cam, and just ups the game everywhere.  Including the price, sadly - so the Note 9 was expensive ... but the 10+ was absurd.

So ... overall, Note user for life here :)

Haroon

Poorly written article, author completely failed to explain why Note 9 is the last great android phone, they just compare it with other old phones but didn't care to compare note 9 with note 10 or latest Galaxy or lg phones or any other latest phone.
All I understood is that because it was last galaxy phone to have 3.5mm jack thats why it is great.
Rubbish.

Zachary Law

wrong and you couldn't be any more wrong with android starting to truly push it's potential amongst stagnation, complacency and convention. Get over it and write another poorly written, inane article on something else, homeslice.

lawnmowerman

This was a great article.  There really are no more flagship phones.  All the new flagships are expensive and lack useful features.  The last great flagship phones were the Note 4 and the LGV20.  They were the Swiss Army knives of phones.  They had everything:  nice screens, removable batteries, 3.5mm jack, IR blaster, FM Radio, etc.  Frankly, I use my phones for business, taking pictures, making and watching videos . I'm no gamer, so I don't give a darn about refresh rates, on screen fingerprint sensors, punch holes, or even build quality because I'm would buy a flagship made with a plastic frame once or even twice a year to have the newest processors.  I also cannot stand the Samsung curved screen.  It is an utter waste.  I want a wider flat screen that I can protect with a flat screen protector and a great phone cover that I can grip the phone by without touching the sides of the curved screen.   I hate these skinny tall phones.  I'd much rather have them wider. I want pure horsepower so I can get the job done quickly and all the features I mentioned above.  It seems Samsung and the other Android manufacturers are chasing Apple to their detriment.  The Note 9 will be the last Samsung phone I buy until they at least bring back the 3.5 jack.  I'd love to see a replacable battery and IR blaster too. I'll be buying the LG V60 next.  Hopefully Samsung will wake up and quit copying Apple and give it's customers what they really want and need.

Proton Destron

To me the PWM flicker is a bit annoying and there is no option to switch to DC dimming. I ended up getting an LG G7 which is the last generation of flagships (expect for Asus) that uses an LCD panel instead of OLED.

Dondonsifi

Great article, arguely in enough note 9 flagship or not. I just pick up a mint silver note 9 3months ago at $370. Battery health 88%. I love it. I use headphone jack every day. I can not adjust myself enough to spend 1000dollars for a new phone.

Carlos Pena

Idk wtf yall are talking about. To fix the dimming you have to slide down notification bar and click on blue screen, lowering your brightness also helps. Aside from that the note 9 is a great phone. Mine alone has crapped on iPhone 11 and xr picture wise and performance I had a side by side comparison. The selfie cam is pretty good if you remember to clean the front camera. I run emulators like dolphin and PSP, I'm currently trying to get ps2 to work on it. Ive been able to record music on here as well Like lyrics and the instrumental and the sound is not bad at all. Hands down this has been the best phone I ever laid my hands on. The multitask function is so smooth and man If you know how to tweak your own phone. You would see why it is MUCH MUCH better than any phone of it's time up to a gen ahead.

Boro

Phone with no ultrawide camera cannot be great flagship. LG was way before time but always underestimated.

Darin Ridgeway

I've had mine for a daily since day one preorder. No complaints and battery life is still awesome.

Proton Destron

Quote from: Carlos Pena on June 22, 2020, 22:05:28
Idk wtf yall are talking about. To fix the dimming you have to slide down notification bar and click on blue screen, lowering your brightness also helps. Aside from that the note 9 is a great phone. Mine alone has crapped on iPhone 11 and xr picture wise and performance I had a side by side comparison. The selfie cam is pretty good if you remember to clean the front camera. I run emulators like dolphin and PSP, I'm currently trying to get ps2 to work on it. Ive been able to record music on here as well Like lyrics and the instrumental and the sound is not bad at all. Hands down this has been the best phone I ever laid my hands on. The multitask function is so smooth and man If you know how to tweak your own phone. You would see why it is MUCH MUCH better than any phone of it's time up to a gen ahead.

The flickering can be observed easier by using another phone's slo-mo camera mode to shot a video of Galaxy Note 9's screen.

For iPhones and some other OLED phone models, when the brightness is set to max or high, the flickering will be gone. However, for Galaxy Note 9 it remains there even at 100% brightness.

dennis dickerson

A Galaxy Note without a heart rate monitor and a headphone jack is not a great phone. The Note 9 is the last one.
ANY phone without an S pen or DEX is not a  great phone

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview