News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PS5 vs Xbox Series X: Sony has already won a crucial battle in the next-gen console war with the jaw-droppingly sexy PlayStation 5 design - but it also needs to come in black

Started by Redaktion, June 13, 2020, 06:28:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony has revealed the PS5 design in all its glory and by doing so has won an important battle in the upcoming next-gen console war against the Xbox Series X. The unique and futuristic look of the PlayStation 5 has sparked a huge debate, yet again offering Sony a massive amount of free publicity. The PS5 simply looks sexy – especially if it eventually also comes in black.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PS5-vs-Xbox-Series-X-Sony-has-already-won-a-crucial-battle-in-the-next-gen-console-war-with-the-jaw-droppingly-sexy-PlayStation-5-design-but-it-also-needs-to-come-in-black.470154.0.html

dcdaima

Quote from: Mike Jenkins on June 13, 2020, 07:58:02
Imagine liking the aesthetics of a shitty early 00's wireless router.

Imagine reaching for your mini fridge to grab a beer just to realize it's actually your crap designed xbox.

t4n0n

Quote from: Mike Jenkins on June 13, 2020, 07:58:02
Imagine liking the aesthetics of a shitty early 00's wireless router.

IKR? ;D

Also, 800,000 thumbs up to 30,000 thumbs down is not a good ratio,

kony

I like the look of Xbox, it's very minimalist, PS looks edgy and screams "HEY LOOL AT ME! LOOK AT ME!".

No idea if I will ever buy any of them or not, I like RPGs and strategies, so I'll probably just upgrade my PC.

opelit

Why are personal opinions an text on web? It's all personal. I think that PS5 is looking like console for kids. Xbox is something what a mature man can put under TV. And no one will ask whats the toy.

... And it's my opinion. Thanks.

DWB

Well that's a surprisingly totaly fanboy-like article on PS5. Even as a PS5 enthousiast I was suprised by reading this ahah. Didn't expect that here.
I found the design okay, not bad, not superb. The only factual point I saw  is the 800 000/30 000 like-dislike ration, wich is kinda low I think.

The thing about the raw views numbers is dumb, PS4 crushed Xbox 1 on sales so it's obvious a lot more people are looking into PS5 than XSX, whatever they both come with.

I still found a bad point about PS5 design... how the f*** are we supposed to make a nice TV setup with this :D It will crush any harmony with other stuffs, wich I dislike. I also think it will look really dull in full black, I don't want that.

Valantar

Wow, I've complained about some incredibly biased and stupid rumor-mongering on this site before (specifically related to the PS5 IIRC), but this is a new low. How is launching an incredibly polarizing design a win? Sure, it sparks debate, but when a lot of the debate is "this is much uglier than the XSX", that isn't exactly good PR for the PS5, is it? All PR is good PR until you're doing PR for your main competitor.

Even though I find this design juvenile and frankly terrible, and I believe it will have serious issues being accepted into a lot of living rooms around the world (mine included - I'm not letting that monstrosity anywhere near where other people could see it), I can sort of understand that someone might find it appealing when viewed out of context, if they like that kind of blandly loud sci-fi kitsch. What I struggle to understand is how anyone calling themselves a journalist could publish a piece like this and not cry themselves to sleep afterwards. This is a disgrace.

Mmmmmm

True. And NBC is lowering the bar by the day. Instead of covering what they're best at, they struggle with phones, consoles and such. Flash news : there are better sources out there for such content. Revamp the website and improve the quality of the content. You're welcome.

KLAUS88

If I was to receive a PS5 I would never show it. I would conceal it into some furniture. While a Xbox Series X would fit into my industrial/minimal living room very well. Perspective.

Valantar

Quote from: KLAUS88 on June 13, 2020, 19:14:31
If I was to receive a PS5 I would never show it. I would conceal it into some furniture. While a Xbox Series X would fit into my industrial/minimal living room very well. Perspective.
The XSX is neutral enough to fit into nearly any style, and where it wouldn't fit (say, in a maximalist, very colorful, patterned etc. room) it would be an interesting contrast that still doesn't draw too much attention to itself. Even in some ultra whitewashed, mid-2010s interior design blog romantic design it would ultimately just be a black thing by the TV, and not an eyesore. The PS5 on the other hand, as aptly described above, has a design that screams "Hey, look at me, look at me!" no matter the context. There is literally no interior decoration style where this design won't look out of place. This is obviously a deliberate design by Sony, I just happen to think it's a very poor one.

Mazarin64

Venger11888

From a marketing point of view - Design of PS5 is a definite win.  The energy created around its design choice is better than I think even Sony could have predicted. I personally like the design language.  Something different.  As far as how well the PS5 fits with your decor... over time folks get accustomed to all manner of items that are not considered works of art within their home.  Routers, sound bars, Cable Boxes, Air Fryers, security system panels....at the end of the day....function will outweigh form factor. The challenge is to create positive enthusiasm for design and still and still deliver on performance.   I think the PS5 has positioned itself very well for success. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview