News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

iPhone 12 range pricing and model numbers leaked

Started by Redaktion, April 30, 2020, 16:04:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We already know quite a lot about the next major iPhone release, but we haven't been clear on Apple's proposed pricing and the key features of the four planned models. Until now. Tipster Jon Prosser seems to be very well connected with Apple gossip these days and he has spilled the beans once again.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/iPhone-12-range-pricing-and-model-numbers-leaked.463351.0.html

Ppx

It's a problem for PWM-sensitive people. Apple could release at least one model with classic LCD retina display. People who want "flicker-free" display will be stuck with iPhone SE 2020 or basic iPhone 11.

jodiuh

Quote from: Ppx on April 30, 2020, 17:16:59
It's a problem for PWM-sensitive people. Apple could release at least one model with classic LCD retina display. People who want "flicker-free" display will be stuck with iPhone SE 2020 or basic iPhone 11.
My heart sank a little when I saw the all OLED cast. Thankfully, I'm still on the XR. With a little luck, maybe microLED will save us all.

02nz

Still haven't hired proofreaders, I see.

"According to the apparently very well-connected Apple insider Jon Prosser, the new smaller 5.4-inch iPhone model is going by the model designation of D52G and will start at US$549, or US$50 less than the starting price of the non-Pro iPhone 11." The graphic clearly shows $649. $549 would be a shocker for a new iPhone, and it's not going to happen.

log

Looking fwd to 5.4", Finally! It could be the size of ip8 with display a la X...
Btw seems like they dropped the ,S' scheme completely X - XS - 11 - 11S?

_MT_

Quote from: log on May 01, 2020, 10:33:35
Looking fwd to 5.4", Finally! It could be the size of ip8 with display a la X...
Btw seems like they dropped the ,S' scheme completely X - XS - 11 - 11S?
I'm hoping it's going to be slightly smaller than 8. Squeezing under 130 mm would be great (130 is about midway between first and second generation SE). Theoretically, it could be about as small as the first SE, depending on how thick the bezel is going to be.

Well, there was no 7S or 8S, was there. X resurrected it. Perhaps they've struggled a bit with naming at that point.

02nz

Your article still says $549 for the entry-level iPhone 12, even though Prosser's tweet and video clearly say $649. This is basically the most important piece of information in the article, and you couldn't get that right copying it from another source?!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview