News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Exynos 990-powered Samsung Galaxy S20 and S20+ appear to take better images than the Snapdragon 865 models

Started by Redaktion, April 07, 2020, 22:16:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Comparison camera shots between the Exynos 990-powered Galaxy S20 and the Snapdragon 865-powered ones have revealed that the Exynos models take better pictures—in low light, at least. This is likely one of the few things the Exynos phones are better at.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Exynos-990-powered-Samsung-Galaxy-S20-and-S20-appear-to-take-better-images-than-the-Snapdragon-865-models.459971.0.html

S.Yu

Yeah and the Ultra models too, it's almost as if the SD versions and Exynos versions swapped algorithms, it certainly seems so. Maybe two teams were responsible for these and they switched roles this year.

He who must not be named

Why don't they just use the same processors for all models, regardless of what it would be, there would be less debate.

S.Yu

Quote from: He who must not be named on April 08, 2020, 04:54:05
Why don't they just use the same processors for all models, regardless of what it would be, there would be less debate.
Exynos feels like a bargaining chip and backup, to keep Qualcomm's prices in check, just like Kirin.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: S.Yu on April 08, 2020, 13:46:12
Exynos feels like a bargaining chip and backup, to keep Qualcomm's prices in check, just like Kirin.

Yeah, but Kirin is actually awesome.

jake323232

Ricci Rox

Quote from: jake323232 on April 08, 2020, 19:21:33
did this article author jump to conclusion with 1 sample of phone from unknown twitter user ?

Unknown Twitter user?

"The user, Liu Chong, was also the one who first pointed out the Exynos 990's worse performance/watt SPEC numbers, and also published the gaming comparison videos"

hachi

S.Yu

Quote from: Ricci Rox on April 08, 2020, 13:48:24
Quote from: S.Yu on April 08, 2020, 13:46:12

Yeah, but Kirin is actually awesome.
It could somewhat match Qualcomm's CPU implementation while still generally falling behind on GPU and boasting about gimmick AI's without a use case. In the industry, I'd say Apple's awesome, in Android space, SD865 for the flagship and D1000 in midrange.

LOL

Exynos is an inferior product. It was used in certain countries for one specific reason - to cut costs. That's all.

Samsung should cull it and use Snapdragons for all of its phones.

Same goes for Bixby. No one cares, Google Assistant runs circles around it.

Samsung should stop thinking of itself as the de facto Android rival of Apple, and keep coming up with its own crap to justify that narrative. Samsung is just another Android (and hardware) OEM, it's nothing special.

Luke Langley

The SD version is still better overall and you can take better night shot just by Adding Gcam something the Exynos version is not compatible with.

S.Yu

Quote from: Luke Langley on April 12, 2020, 14:44:21
The SD version is still better overall and you can take better night shot just by Adding Gcam something the Exynos version is not compatible with.
Not necessarily. From my experience with Gcam it actually may not be superior in low light compared to Samsung's default, I've done a lot of tweaking to my semi-stable version (the most stable among 3 I tried that have astronomy mode which I default to on) but the results are still questionable. It's vastly superior in daylight especially outputting DNG though. Also Exynos support of Gcam depends on devs making a version that's compatible. There will be less of these versions with fewer updates, but it's highly unlikely that nobody at all works on support for a Samsung flagship.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview