News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

LG Gram 14T90N Convertible Review: A CPU Downgrade

Started by Redaktion, April 06, 2020, 04:31:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The latest LG Gram 14 2-in-1 is the Comet Lake-U update to last year's Whiskey Lake-U model. Unfortunately, the newer model doesn't give us very many compelling reasons to purchase it over the older one.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/LG-Gram-14T90N-Convertible-Review-A-CPU-Downgrade.459714.0.html

Hwgeek

Imagine this with 4800U... :-(
So sad that Many OEM's will keep pushing thermally throttled Intel 14nm++++++ part s(even with LM) but not go for better Ryzen 4000 :-(.
just sad for us the customers.

Geoff

I have a similar issue..
I got an LG gram 17 inch core i7 (8th gen), hoping to get a better screen and faster processor compared to my Dell 13 inch core i5 (7tg gen).. I even made my LGs RAM more than the Dells..

However, the Dell is always faster then the LG in even normal tasks and the LG often freezes intermittently for a few seconds. Its a shame. I ended up giving the expensive $1500 to my wife. Stupid LG..

Here are the geekbench benchmarks

Geekbench score (id) 892952 (Dell)

Geekbench score (id) 894453 (LG Gram)

Its not letting me post full links, so I have posted only the ids of the benchmark..

you need to prefix browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu to it

How do I unthrottle the laptop? Will using a fan in the base help?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview