News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Upcoming Dell G5 Special Edition gaming laptop will be overflowing with AMD treats such as a Ryzen 4000 H-series APU and Radeon RX 5600M GPU

Started by Redaktion, March 16, 2020, 14:07:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A new laptop from Dell's G Series has been revealed, and it is packed with the latest technology from AMD. The Dell G5 SE (Special Edition) will bring a high-performance Ryzen 4000 H-series processor in combination with the RDNA-based AMD Radeon RX 5600M mobile graphics card with it. The Dell G5 SE should be available in the second quarter of 2020.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Upcoming-Dell-G5-Special-Edition-gaming-laptop-will-be-overflowing-with-AMD-treats-such-as-a-Ryzen-4000-H-series-APU-and-Radeon-RX-5600M-GPU.457435.0.html

william blake

so you dell not sure, maybe april 1st or june 30th, hard to decide
what a fucking garbage market.

A

Why are they releasing a gaming laptop without physical buttons on the trackpad? It effectively makes it useless. Not to mention there is plenty of space for full sized arrow keys yet they opt for tiny ones?

PhúcAn

Quote from: A on March 16, 2020, 22:52:55
Why are they releasing a gaming laptop without physical buttons on the trackpad? It effectively makes it useless. Not to mention there is plenty of space for full sized arrow keys yet they opt for tiny ones?

It has buttons under the trackpad. Have you ever used Macbook? There are a lot of laptop with buttons under the trackpad

mustafa bayram

A

Quote from: PhúcAn on March 20, 2020, 13:27:05
Quote from: A on March 16, 2020, 22:52:55

It has buttons under the trackpad. Have you ever used Macbook? There are a lot of laptop with buttons under the trackpad

Yes, I have used a macbook. Their trackpads are terrible to borderline unusable. Even more so if you boot into windows.

Putting buttons "underneath" does very little to solve the problem. If your goal is to use the laptop for 10 minutes, it's perfectly fine. But if you plan to game or do work, it becomes a pain. First of all, tilting the entire trackpad puts more strain on your finger. Then there is the issue of differentiating left and right click, and lastly there is a longer travel time on your clicks.

Removing trackpad buttons makes the trackpad unusable for any actual use, and for what reason? It don't look any better, it looks uglier.

AwesomeBlackDude

So this new Dell AMD 4000 laptop G5 SE come with an built-in soldering motherboard 6gbs V-memory and what type of mems does this channel use? hopefully it not a single channel mems like the Asus release 4000 laptop series. also can I change out the m.2 board stick and upgrade the G5 MB mems up to 32gbs? Last odd arguable question here can I upgrade cpu and gpu? If I'm am stuck with their horrible G5 layout track pad can I disable this inefficient keyboard with pad and just use an external USB keyboard? Dell launched date is like what around the 4Q of 2020?

rusty867

Anyone a clue, if the g5se got delayed due to covid? at ces dell said it will be released in april...april is nearly over now and still no news on this one!?!?

Gigi Jalop

I guess there's not so many people tracking this. I wish I knew when this might be available and how it compares to Asus TUF & MSI Bravo, when it comes to cooling. Should be really close, but there's nothing out about it.

rusty867

yeah, i cant understand it why nearly no one is interested...i mean if the rx5600 is above 1660ti and close or on par with rtx2060 and this all for rnd 1000bucks....bäm!
i assume its not out right now, because it might smash the other products from competitors or even the dell alienware stuff...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview