News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Chuwi Hi10 X: An affordable 2-in-1 trying to take on the Surface Pro for US$200

Started by Redaktion, January 29, 2020, 20:50:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Chuwi has launched its latest 2-in1 tablet, the Hi10 X. The tablet is aiming to tempt people in with its affordable pricing and its metal unibody design, along with dual USB Type-C ports and a detachable keyboard dock.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Chuwi-Hi10-X-An-affordable-2-in-1-trying-to-take-on-the-Surface-Pro-for-US-200.452535.0.html

Doug

I just got mine today. Seems to be a very fine and responsive tablet. I'm pleased with its performance and it's appearance.

I have not received the keyboard yet.

Jerry

Actually, this Chuwi competes with the Surface Go.  It has better specs than the base Go at about half the price. 

J

Surface Pro? You mean it for real?
This actually competes with GO, not at all with Pro. Celeron never can. Please don't use misleading headlines.

Anyway: How much worse is Celeron N4100 than Pentium in the Surface Go?

ymcst

Anyone knows if this could run World of warcraft classic? I am %100 sure it would run the old client from 2004 perfectly fine but the new one I am not sure. And I mean but running, I mean lowest graphics and 20+ fps.

If so, this could be a great wow-classic "to go" device for that price. As my smartphone can basicly do anything a tablet can, I can nevet justify buying a windows tablet just for few games, but at $200 it is a different story.

tech101us

I wish someone would manufacturer a true competitor to the Surface Pro that could support at least 16GB of RAM, at least a 1Tb SSD, and could natively run linux with support for all the hardware. I think I'm living in a dream world, but it's nice to have dreams.

just_posting_this

Have one sat on the desk next to me right now.

Booted off a Fedora 31 USB stick with kernel 5.3.7.

Seems to work great -- wifi, bluetooth (it's an Intel device), suspend/resume, cameras even work. Tested the SDHC card slot and all good. Keyboard shortcuts work as expected (can't dock it/undock yet as the live USB is plugged into the keyboard).

Pen works although it seems to register before it touches the screen and I can't get the buttons to do anything. No big deal for me though.

Downsides -- no automatic screen rotation and the rotation is off during boot, also defaults to 200% scaling and some of the icons don't respect 100% when you set it (might be Wayland though, I will run with X.org once I have it fully installed).

Certainly, the out of the box Linux compatibility is better than I've had with any tablet so far and I'm happy. It's a nice little machine. And I'm sure some of those niggles I can fix or will get fixed (this Fedora USB stick is not the latest).

Seems sturdy enough, quite a nice feel to it overall, and the tablet sits nice and firm on the keyboard. How reliable it turns out to be only time will tell but for now I'm impressed -- for the money it's superb.

Krish

Tried to order on Aliexpress, the dude never responded despite multiple attempts. If such is lethargy while selling, wonder how post sales support would be like !!

cfb

Note that this product has a passmark of just over 2000.  The old, old Baytrail windows tablets could push up to 1800.  Just sayin'.  I have 3 of those with keyboards I paid around $80 each in total, almost 4 years ago.

Suvayan Mohanty

Due to Chinese New year and coronavirus outbreak most of the sellers aren't responding, it is also advisable not to order anything from AliExpress or any Chinese sites.
Quote from: Nopester on January 31, 2020, 01:43:32
You lost me at Celeron.
o

Est

RobertoS

Hi,

did you make any progress concerning the screen?
I've just install Debian 10 without any other problem than the rotated screen with a too low resolution. Now searching for  a fix ;-)

It looks indeed like a sturdy device!

Quote from: just_posting_this on January 30, 2020, 14:21:26
Have one sat on the desk next to me right now.

Booted off a Fedora 31 USB stick with kernel 5.3.7.

Seems to work great -- wifi, bluetooth (it's an Intel device), suspend/resume, cameras even work. Tested the SDHC card slot and all good. Keyboard shortcuts work as expected (can't dock it/undock yet as the live USB is plugged into the keyboard).

Pen works although it seems to register before it touches the screen and I can't get the buttons to do anything. No big deal for me though.

Downsides -- no automatic screen rotation and the rotation is off during boot, also defaults to 200% scaling and some of the icons don't respect 100% when you set it (might be Wayland though, I will run with X.org once I have it fully installed).

Certainly, the out of the box Linux compatibility is better than I've had with any tablet so far and I'm happy. It's a nice little machine. And I'm sure some of those niggles I can fix or will get fixed (this Fedora USB stick is not the latest).

Seems sturdy enough, quite a nice feel to it overall, and the tablet sits nice and firm on the keyboard. How reliable it turns out to be only time will tell but for now I'm impressed -- for the money it's superb.

poul

I'm in the market for a new 10.1inch 2 in 1 tablet. But as I live on a disability income $200cdn is what I'd like to spend - but I may go as high as $300cdn depending on the tablet. 

My last tablet was a DUODUOGO 10.1 inch 2 in 1 with keyboard and case. It was a fantastic machine. Fast, quick boot up, crystal clear, detachable keyboard.
I don't understand why the few tablets that I found with almost everything I wanted - at a good price had wimpy batteries. They were generally 4500mAh and some were a dismal 3200mAh .Even 6000mAh isn't that great.
The DUODUOGO [$200cdn] had an 8000mAh battery and would run all day!  My previous tablet was 4500mAh and would last 2-3 hours max. [ I don't have the Duoduogo anymore. It ran flawlessly for 2 years but the USB/120v power cube cracked and fell apart, so I had to buy a generic [but UL Certfied] replacement. And sadly about 5 months later (this is my guess) the power cord plug overheated [was cinged]and melted the DUODUOGO's charging port.[distorted] Why else would a 2 year old tablet that's worked perfectly  suddenly have a melt down?]

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview