News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Quad-core Intel Tiger Lake processor outscores AMD's Ryzen 9 3950X in Geekbench single-core test

Started by Redaktion, January 23, 2020, 08:02:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A Tiger Lake processor from Intel has been spotted being put through its paces on Geekbench. The unnamed Tiger Lake-U quad-core chip posted 4,920 in the multi-core test, but its single-core score was quite outstanding. At 1,400 points, this places the Intel processor ahead of such enthusiast-level chips as AMD's Ryzen 9 3950X.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Quad-core-Intel-Tiger-Lake-processor-outscores-AMD-s-Ryzen-9-3950X-in-Geekbench-single-core-test.451119.0.html

Dharan

clickbait... if you look only single core score then this processor will outscore many enterprise level CPUs as well...

LavenderMask6943

Single Core performance, especially at a relatively base clock of 2.3GHz, is a good indicator of architectural improvements. It is good to see that AMD has pushed Intel to finally work hard.

fdsofldmos

The idea is that a CPU that runs at 4.2Ghz (Tiger Lake) scores more than a CPU that runs at 4.6-4.7Ghz (3950X). This shows the IPC advantage, but that we know already. Ice Lake also outscores 3950X, just a bit in Geekbench and using a more scientific approach (SPEC benchmark) shows that Ice Lake already has something like 10% better IPC compared to Zen 2. TigerLake just widens that gap.

Podapunda

Pfft it will sustain that clockspeed and score for hardly a minute before it throttles. Stop making meaningless comparisons.

tdhanushka

Pfft, these intel fanboys. lmao. Higher core counts always lower the base clock. Doesn't mean that it has higher IPC than zen2. Well take a look at this then. this one has less boost clocks than 3950x But still gets more points in single thread than 3950x? And I didn't even sort it, i found it on the first page when i searched for 3800x. Gfto. This is a clickbait.
browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/1060455

k

thats nothing surprising. intel had decade long history of IPC advantage and now there is jim keller with them. so it is surprising AMD still standing against them, say thanks to TSMC 7nm. Moreover AMD MCM design is useless and intel new igpu is at par with vega, i wonder what AMD will do now? just rely on TSMC and offer deep discounts. that will be ok for sometime, but when 7nm intel with killler keller design appears with Xe graphics than what?

k

Quote from: k on January 24, 2020, 03:40:04
thats nothing surprising. intel had decade long history of IPC advantage and now there is jim keller with them. so it is surprising AMD still standing against them, say thanks to TSMC 7nm. Moreover AMD MCM design is useless and intel new igpu is at par with vega, i wonder what AMD will do now? just rely on TSMC and offer deep discounts. that will be ok for sometime, but when 7nm intel with killler keller design appears with Xe graphics than what?
correct MCM design is useless in laptops

AtotehZ

Quote from: k on January 24, 2020, 03:40:04
correct MCM design is useless in laptops
I think it's ignorant to base all that on a leaked test. You don't know what the final score is going to be, and you don't know how Zen 3 will perform. Zen 3 is supposed to come out before anything Intel has to offer and they're said to be focusing more than ever on exactly IPC.

Spunjji

Quote from: tdhanushka on January 23, 2020, 20:01:06
browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/1060455

That's hilarious. I already know that Geekbench is basically useless, but this "comparison" hammers that home pretty hard.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview