News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel claims that i3-9350K is faster than the entire Ryzen lineup in fresh PR slipup

Started by Redaktion, December 08, 2019, 13:09:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Intel's Asia Pacific marketing team claimed in China that the Intel Core i3-9350K is faster than the entire Ryzen lineup. Is this a simple PR mixup or a sign of worse to come as Intel faces eroding market share, securities issues, and a supply shortage?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-claims-that-i3-9350K-is-faster-than-the-entire-Ryzen-lineup-in-fresh-PR-slipup.446651.0.html

Anonymous

It clearly says i3-9350K can surpass the entire Ryzen 5 lineup, not the entire Ryzen lineup. READ WHAT IS ON THE IMAGE BEFORE WRITING AN ARTICLE ABOUT IT. smh.

S.Yu

Quote from: Anonymous on December 09, 2019, 11:53:20
It clearly says i3-9350K can surpass the entire Ryzen 5 lineup, not the entire Ryzen lineup. READ WHAT IS ON THE IMAGE BEFORE WRITING AN ARTICLE ABOUT IT. smh.
I was gonna say that, two people already beat me to it :)
Talk about a "slipup" :)

JThom

I can't read Chinese but I can tell they weren't comparing the (entire) Ryzen lineup.

AND Intel's strategy to revive the Pentium on the 20mm line is a good plan, especially to get Intel processors into new cheaper Windows & Chromebook laptops that don't require processor-heavy computing. Keeps cost low for builder & buyer. Not much of a controversy at all, just some deep thought as how to maintain or increase market share effectively.

Claud Lyons

I've used and owned Intel and amd and i find that both are great. First, Intel was designed for applications while amd was designed for graphics. That is a fact.
Granted Intel may be faster but why bother with an overpriced chip when amd can do just as well and it's cheaper for now. If you research, there is an even bias for each online.
It depends on each individuals preferences, not lab results.
Faster doesn't mean a thing in games. I can play Skyrim or Neverwinter with the same enjoyment and not drops or lags.
Please don't depreciate anything just because you're a fan of one or the other. Why not use both?

Dave Hartnell

The headline says its faster than Ryzen 5 lineup while the body says its faster than the ryzen line up. Faster at what exactly.

S.Yu

Quote from: Dave Hartnell on December 10, 2019, 07:56:13
The headline says its faster than Ryzen 5 lineup while the body says its faster than the ryzen line up. Faster at what exactly.
Well that's dishonest. The author edited the title and text on this page, without due declaration. If you'll note the URL though, it still says what it, and this article said in the beginning, that it's faster than the entire Ryzen lineup.
This looks like blind bashing, it would certainly hold more weight if the author included evidence suggesting otherwise, or else if the i3 is indeed faster than the whole Ryzen 5 lineup in a few key metrics then certainly they could make the claim.
Huawei could brag that their Kirin was faster than Apple's A chip of the same generation with much less substance after all.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview