News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GF65 9SD Laptop Review: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti for under $1000

Started by Redaktion, October 21, 2019, 03:05:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The GF65 replaces last year's GF63 by introducing new Nvidia Turing GPU options, new display options, a larger cooling solution, and faster wireless. The narrow bezel chassis design remains unchanged.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GF65-9SD-Laptop-Review-GeForce-GTX-1660-Ti-for-under-1000.439783.0.html

Jesse

Color space is VERY  limited at just 54 percent and 34 percent of sRGB and AdobeRGB, respectively, compared to >90 percent sRGB on pricier laptops.

You will hate this.

Contrast is relatively poor as well.   Step it up MSI.

Denis

Well this is a good option, a great improvement over the GF63, if this is at your maximum spending budget limit and your only desire is a gaming laptop than can play any triple A game. I would prefer to spend a few hundred more to have a better screen, color wise and response time, a little less noise also, but if the price is slashed a few hundred dollars, then someone could easily overlook these faults, after all it has a i7-9750H & GTX 1660 Ti. Msi is going in the right direction with the GF series and with many other series it seems!

MBP

The the weight, performance and temperature are strong points here. Who cares the color if you working with solidworks, Siemens, Catia and kinda stuffs. You just need high processing unit with durability. And some games doesn't need a good contrast XD.

jlabarre59

Just a note for people to consider on longer-term usage.

Our system has always run HOT.  As time went on the system was running hotter and hotter.   I don't mean nice-cup-of-tea hot, I'm thing closer to "fry an egg" hot.  Opened it up to check the fans, and there was pretty much nothing as far as dust,dirt in the fans, so it's not a matter of it having built up.

Nnd now just under a year and a half of usage, the system will *NOT* charge.   And you can't power it up with the power adapter either.  I've tested the power adapter, and it's putting out 19.7v, well within the variance for a 19.5v adapter. 

All MSI can say is "it's the motherboard, that would be $800-900, *PLUS* labor.  I've seen your typical cr*p machines from Dell last longer than this.   And you *expect* the Dell systems to be cr*p.

Big fancy name, but their hardware doesn't seem to be up to snuff, and their tech support makes Dell support look almost competent.

RobertJasiek

Thank you for your report! It is always good to know which brands to avoid. However, having seen similar reports for other manufacturers, I keep wondering whether DIY desktops are the only viable option nowadays... Except that low-end consumer products appear to be much less reliable on average than high-end, but not exaggerated, "business" products can be more reliable.

"motherboard, that would be $800-900, *PLUS* labor"

Pure rip-off. Actually worse than that. Such for a $950 product is utter condemnation and disrespect of the endconsumer as a human being.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview