News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei Mate 20 Pro now receiving the Android Q-based EMUI 10 update globally

Started by Redaktion, October 13, 2019, 12:04:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Just two months after the release of Q, Huawei is now sending out the stable Android Q-based EMUI 10 update to owners of the Mate 20 Pro outside China. The OTA weighs in as a heavy 4.42 GB download.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-Mate-20-Pro-now-receiving-the-Android-Q-based-EMUI-10-update-globally.438929.0.html

BionicMushroom

So you're saying in the title that the update is NOW rolling out globally but then in the article we have this cute little paragraph: "Users in the Netherlands are receiving the update and we expect other owners of the Mate 20 Pro in Europe to get their taste of Q soon". I would have said the writer is mistaken and doesn't know Netherlands does not encompass the whole globe. But then, the writer says that it is expected the update will come soon  in the rest of Europe (which  doesn't encompass the whole globe either, btw) clearly admitting the lie in the title. Or perhaps I've grown old and I'm not up to date with English anymore and now has become synonymous with soon?

Ricci Rox

Quote from: BionicMushroom on October 14, 2019, 01:12:45
So you're saying in the title that the update is NOW rolling out globally but then in the article we have this cute little paragraph: "Users in the Netherlands are receiving the update and we expect other owners of the Mate 20 Pro in Europe to get their taste of Q soon". I would have said the writer is mistaken and doesn't know Netherlands does not encompass the whole globe. But then, the writer says that it is expected the update will come soon  in the rest of Europe (which  doesn't encompass the whole globe either, btw) clearly admitting the lie in the title. Or perhaps I've grown old and I'm not up to date with English anymore and now has become synonymous with soon?

Huawei software rollouts are for China and Rest of the World. So, yes, this is a global rollout, albeit a staged one.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview