Notebookcheck

Autor Thema: Dell XPS 13 7390 2-in-1 Core i7-1065G7 Review: Faster Than Any XPS 13 Before It  (Gelesen 1305 mal)

tester

• Gast
Is it really running with LPDDR4-1866 only?

Joschn

• Einsteiger NB
Sorry, but painting this as 35W vs 25W TDP CPU seems rather disingenuous to me, seeing as - in your own reviews - load power draw characteristics of both machines are rather similar, with the XPS even drawing more under load both on average and maximum.

I mean Notebookcheck is well regarded for doing large amount of actual measuring - why not doing it properly and read the actual configured power limits with tools like e.g. XTU, uProf or others.
Especially since TDP as it is used by the manufacturers is an increasingly useless metric anyway.

Andres

• Gast

I have the new XPS 13 7390 clamshell in the i5 8GB RAM configuration. I have noticed some lag when I try to change the screen brightness and the battery estimation varies wildly (from 30h+ to <10h in a few minutes difference while only using word processor), and a few other minor issues. I would like to know if your review units of the XPS 13 2-in-1 also experienced this issues or if it's normal and I should just be happy with my unit.
Thanks

Hi Andres, I am interested in buying the XPS 13 7390 clamshell version myself. Could you please list all the minor issues you mentioned in your post? Anything that is particularly problematic? Thanks!

Hi there, the last issues it's given me are that it won't turn on when I press the power button (>70% charge) even if I waited, tried a few times and could only fix it by closing and opening the lid again, weird. Also it wouldn't connect to the wifi, l thought it was a signal problem but when it happened in a few places I restarted the laptop and then it worked. I will contact Dell about this because it's only 2 weeks old. For all the rest, l love the laptop so much. It just doesn't feel reliable enough for my use.

Andrii

• Gast
What is exact thickness of the top and bottom bezels?

ryo4ever

• Gast
Hi, how did you guys managed a score of 2024 under cinebench R20??? That's a crazily high score and outlandish. Can you reproduce that consistently? My maximum score is around `1650 for R20 and 734 for R15... I would like to know what clockspeed do you reach under thermal throttling? I'm suspecting the XPS 13 7390 have wildly inconsistent ice lake performance. Do you guys purchase your own laptops or are they sent by Dell?

Nastav

• Gast
“ You'll be giving up a lot of extras just for the thin aesthetics of the latest XPS 13 2-in-1.”

Thin aesthetics and 32 GB RAM option - which if it matters to one none of the alternatives seem to have.

S.Yu

• DTR
“ You'll be giving up a lot of extras just for the thin aesthetics of the latest XPS 13 2-in-1.”

Thin aesthetics and 32 GB RAM option - which if it matters to one none of the alternatives seem to have.
As long as there's another SODIMM slot, it's often better to get another stick yourself. 32GB RAM is often bundled with overcharges like a 2TB SSD or an improperly cooled i9 or something.

Nastav

• Gast
>As long as there's another SODIMM slot, it's often better to get another stick yourself. 32GB RAM is often bundled with overcharges like a 2TB SSD or an improperly cooled i9 or something.

Quite true. That said, light-and-thin 13-14" laptops rarely come with extra slots these days.

mahfooz

• Gast
Connect charger, click battery icon and change power mode to 'Best Performance'. Go into Dell Power Management and change thermal setting to 'Performance'.
Doing this I got 2072 on Cinebench R20.

Hi, how did you guys managed a score of 2024 under cinebench R20??? That's a crazily high score and outlandish. Can you reproduce that consistently? My maximum score is around `1650 for R20 and 734 for R15... I would like to know what clockspeed do you reach under thermal throttling? I'm suspecting the XPS 13 7390 have wildly inconsistent ice lake performance. Do you guys purchase your own laptops or are they sent by Dell?

C 2018 » Impressum     Sprachen: Deutsch | English | Español | Français | Italiano | Nederlands | Polski | Português | Русский | Türkçe | Svenska