News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel's first white label gaming laptop now available for $2200, will be adapted by resellers like Maingear, Schenker, and Eluktronics

Started by Redaktion, September 12, 2019, 15:02:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Our full review on the promising Intel chassis will follow in the weeks ahead. Intel thinks it can out-design gaming veterans like MSI, Asus, Alienware, Gigabyte, and Clevo with its very own chassis that we will be eager to put to the test.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-s-first-white-label-gaming-laptop-now-available-for-2200-will-be-adapted-by-resellers-like-Maingear-Schenker-and-Eluktronics.434609.0.html

xpclient

well if Intel can design a normal keyboard chassis with cutouts for individual keys, not a weird one like this with one big hole: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-develops-the-lightest-gaming-laptops-with-large-batteries-and-outstanding-thermal-performance.434085.0.html and put in touchpad buttons, I might be interested.

NecessaryEvil

"It's a Tongfang based chassis, not Intel"

I saw the lightbar on the front and instantly thought it was a Tongfang. That's not a bad thing. I've been VERY impressed (and surprised) and how good the Wal-Mart OverPowered OP-LP3 is (caught it on sale for $1000), and it's a Tongfang based chassis.

RR

MSI GE65 and ASUS G531GW laptops with 15.6" FHD 240 Hz 3ms, i7-9750H, and RTX 2070 full max-P (not Q) which sell for $1899 and up are a better deal than this and they have good brand recognition and many years of track record and if you really want to go budget on your 2070 laptop purchase you can buy HP Omen 15 with 240Hz or 4K which is even a few hundred cheaper than these.  When white box exceeds the cost and fails to match the performance of name brand options while presenting warranty concerns, then why even consider it?  Not impressed that Intel paid $15K to get Tongfang to make custom A panel.

Apexseals

Quote from: RR on September 13, 2019, 17:16:58
MSI GE65 and ASUS G531GW laptops with 15.6" FHD 240 Hz 3ms, i7-9750H, and RTX 2070 full max-P (not Q) which sell for $1899 and up are a better deal than this and they have good brand recognition and many years of track record and if you really want to go budget on your 2070 laptop purchase you can buy HP Omen 15 with 240Hz or 4K which is even a few hundred cheaper than these.  When white box exceeds the cost and fails to match the performance of name brand options while presenting warranty concerns, then why even consider it?  Not impressed that Intel paid $15K to get Tongfang to make custom A panel.

You suggest those, but none of them have a 93wh battery that will offer 5 to 6 hours of actual use.  Most all of those have meager batteries and might get 3 hours, with lowest brightness and seldom using any wifi.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview