News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

6 cores 12 threads in a 15W TDP: Intel announces new 10th gen Comet Lake-U and Y CPUs, first Core i7-10710U benchmarks show marginal gains over Whiskey Lake Core i7-8565U

Started by Redaktion, August 21, 2019, 08:43:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new 10th gen Comet Lake U and Y-series processors succeed Whiskey Lake and will co-exist alongside the 10nm Ice Lake SKUs. Comet Lake continues to build upon the well-refined 14nm process and will offer 6 cores and 12 threads in a 15W TDP envelope (Core i7-10710U), increased boost clocks, better sustained performance, and improved battery life. While Intel claims a fairly significant performance gain from the previous generation, our preliminary benchmarks show that may not really be the case.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/6-cores-12-threads-in-a-15W-TDP-Intel-announces-new-10th-gen-Comet-Lake-U-and-Y-CPUs-first-Core-i7-10710U-benchmarks-show-marginal-gains-over-Whiskey-Lake-Core-i7-8565U.430511.0.html

x55

I'm quite curious what would be AMD answer and when they will introduce 6 cores microprocessors. Moreover it's a bit pity that Intel 6 cores version has lower frequencies that 4 cores. Do I understand well they will still use this weak graphic processor as previously?

Moreover I don't understand why laptop producers always treat models with AMD as cheaper ones. Ex. quite often computers with AMD have worse IPS panel, no keyboard backlight etc.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview