News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google Pixel and Pixel XL compensation goes live

Started by Redaktion, August 18, 2019, 00:59:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Did you buy a first-generation Google Pixel or Pixel XL manufactured before January 4, 2017? If so, then you can now file a class action compensation claim against Google for up to US$400. Your Pixel or Pixel XL does not need to experienced microphone and speakers issues for you to be eligible for a claim either. There are some caveats, though.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-Pixel-and-Pixel-XL-compensation-goes-live.430374.0.html

anon

I bought a Pixel XL in Feb of '17, so most probably it was manufactured within the pre-Jan '17 timeframe, but I have not had any problems with it.

So I would be uncomfortable to sign onto this class action suit. How can a person receive compensation without having suffered any damages? It doesn't feel right.

David Earl Lindsey

So would you find the IMEI of your pixel if you no longer have it?  Google will only show me information on devices that I've connected to recently.

mpgr0x

What about the UK
I purchased the xl o. Pre order for it to not work unless I was on loudspeaker which has caused a hell of alot of problems and no-one wanted to know about my problem but I could have sent it to Google but it was apparently over a 2 week turnaround with no replacement during that time which in itself is out of order any I still have that phone in question here so I can say I got evidence plus emails to carphone warehouse ee and Google so surely it must be a worldwide claim

Norman Berg

I had the same issue on my pixel3 XL in November. I bought it brand new, it worked for about a day then the microphone went out. The only way to talk was via speaker phone. Verizon replaced it right away as it was a common problem with previous Pixels.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the Pixel. It's a great phone.

hfm

Quote from: anon on August 18, 2019, 03:20:55
I bought a Pixel XL in Feb of '17, so most probably it was manufactured within the pre-Jan '17 timeframe, but I have not had any problems with it.

So I would be uncomfortable to sign onto this class action suit. How can a person receive compensation without having suffered any damages? It doesn't feel right.

I hear you. They gave me a FULL refund on my Nexus 6p after I had it for over a year because the battery started giving me issues (phone would just die at 30% left). I used that to buy a Pixel XL around June 2017. Haven't really had any issues with it. Will probably get a Pixel 4XL when those launch.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview