News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH Laptop Review: A good gaming laptop with a GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GPU

Started by Redaktion, August 14, 2019, 18:28:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Legion Y540 may be touted as an RTX gaming laptop, but Lenovo also sells GTX variants that may be more suitable for the budget gamer. Switching to a GeForce GTX 1660 Ti drops the price by around 20% to €1,400 (~US$1,565), which is a healthy saving. Read on to find out if Lenovo has made any other changes to keep the price down and how this GTX 1660 Ti-powered gaming laptop fares against its competitors.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Legion-Y540-15IRH-Laptop-Review-A-good-gaming-laptop-with-a-GeForce-GTX-1660-Ti-GPU.430271.0.html

caifull

wow , strange review ..... but , i felt something missing in this review .... gaming laptop review without game benchmark ? :D

william blake

pretty useful.
guys, cinebench is about sustained load. about work. really does not matter all that minimums and especially maximums. average run- the only thing that matters. one number.
i like 1660ti. 80w. top mobile card. more than 80-not for laptops.
p.s oh i missed it somehow. you guy on cinebench avg now? i remenber i always seen peak multicore, not avg. good job then

Piotr

The first cinnebench score looks like a fluke. It's so much worse than second run.
Could it be repeated?

Davidezz

I am going to buy it with i5 9300H, 8 GB RAM, 512 SSD, 15,6″ FHD 144Hz, GTX 1660Ti.
Do u think is good enough for graphic works? I'm practicing photoshop (not 3D), illustrator ecc.. Not super professionally works obviously. I want a good PC to do a bit of everything.

Grummbeerbauer

Yesterday I got my replacement y540, after I had to return the first one due to excessive screen bleeding. And guess what - same issue here. Its not the subtle "slightly lighter corners" that most displays seem to have and that you only notice on an almost completely dark screen. It so bad that you even see the screen bleed on, e.g., the Win 10 default login screen background image (dark upper left corner).
The laptop is nice otherwise, fan noise is noticable when under load, but the noise characteristics are acceptable (no high-pitched whine that some other models have) and the fan speeds up and slows down gently, not abruptly. And it is blazing fast. I hate to return it, but I just can't stand the screen bleed - it's an eyesore.

claudio69

I want to buy this laptop for the 180deg tilting screen: so I can use it fully as desktop replacement, placing it below a 28 inch screen suspended by a arm fixed to the desk. Other brand's laptop only goes to about 135deg, so the laptop screen remains above the 28inch ext. monitor. Thanks, Lenovo!

asdsadasd

Quote from: Davidezz on December 04, 2019, 13:35:19
I am going to buy it with i5 9300H, 8 GB RAM, 512 SSD, 15,6″ FHD 144Hz, GTX 1660Ti.
Do u think is good enough for graphic works? I'm practicing photoshop (not 3D), illustrator ecc.. Not super professionally works obviously. I want a good PC to do a bit of everything.

Cpu is weak, only 4 cores.

engineer

I won't recommend this laptop at all based on the following design defects:

1. The graphic card has compatibility issues with windows updates and the display will start flickering, blacking out and turning off randomly. Many of my engineering software cannot even detect the graphic card. (all drivers are up to date and I tried everything, everything!)

2. The greatest problem however is the charging port!
it will stop working after some times even with subtle and careful use of the laptop. ( I was super careful with this 1200$ investment)
Many many people have the same issue! read the Lenovo forum.

3. The quality of webcam of this 1000$+ laptop is bizarre! and the placement of it make it even worst. you would have to buy a separate webcam for sure.

4. the removable film plastics won't come off easily at all and over time it gives it a nasty look.

5. The other design defect is that, you would have a hard time finding which port is which at the back since the dark plastic engraves on the back are hard to read. You would have to bend and look exactly what is what.

6. The last defect is that the 3.5mm audiojack produced buzz sound in the headphone and after several tries to get in contact with customer service no solution was received.

Do not buy Legion Y540, it has design defects which will not be recalled or fixed or taken care of by Lenovo. Buy anything else.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview