News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 13 9305 in review: Worthwhile entry into the XPS universe

Started by Redaktion, May 17, 2021, 05:02:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell's XPS 13 version 9305 is currently the most affordable entry into the XPS universe. For just under 1,100 Euros (~$1,335), you get a Core i5, 512 GB of storage, and 8 GB of RAM. The main difference to the XPS 13 9310 is the 16:9 panel instead of a 16:10 one.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-13-9305-in-review-Worthwhile-entry-into-the-XPS-universe.539748.0.html

Howard

I agree with all, but God forbid a consumer should ever need service. I had an XPS that failed (bricked) at 6 weeks and the service experience was hell. I finally returned it to Costco and never looked back. Costco 10, Dell 0

good_advice

What the reviewer didn't say is that as with all modern XPS laptops it doesn't support S3 sleep, only MS "Connected one". This drains battery as hell. Maybe not out of the box...but with next driver update, or the next one, at some point in time someone always makes a mistake and you can't leave your laptop in standby because it will eat battery like crazy. Don't believe me? Just google: s3 dell xps - you will see amount of issues reported by users. Of course as always with dell support ---> they can't do anything about it. "Works as designed". Total waste of money.

Dorby

Quote from: good_advice on May 17, 2021, 13:59:24
What the reviewer didn't say is that as with all modern XPS laptops it doesn't support S3 sleep, only MS "Connected one". This drains battery as hell. Maybe not out of the box...but with next driver update, or the next one, at some point in time someone always makes a mistake and you can't leave your laptop in standby because it will eat battery like crazy. Don't believe me? Just google: s3 dell xps - you will see amount of issues reported by users. Of course as always with dell support ---> they can't do anything about it. "Works as designed". Total waste of money.
As of Windows 10 version 20H2 update, S3 sleep has been completely removed from all Windows 10 devices, not just the XPS. Now all laptops have only 2 options: S0 'Connected Standby' or Hibernate, to choose from, unfortunately.

David G

I have had this laptop for over a year, and the internet connectivity is still hit or miss, even with the latest BIOS, drivers and Windows 11 updates. This POS is frustrating to say the least. I also have an XPS 15 with Windows 10, and am very happy with it. The XPS 15 is reliable and doesn't have any of the connectivity issues this newer 13″ model does. I don't know if is the Dell XPS 13 9305 HW, or Windows 11, or my VPN (ExpresVPN), but there are still unresolved connectivity issues that require disconnect\reconnect from the VPN, disconnect/reconnect from the router, and/or reboot on a regular basis. And forget about it working after being in standby or asleep. After one year of ownership, numerous bios, driver, and Windows 11 updates my opinion is Avoid this machine at all costs!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview