News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel quietly launches family of NUCs equipped with Bean Lake CPUs and Iris GPUs

Started by Redaktion, August 14, 2018, 09:05:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The barebones NUC with Core i5-8259U CPU is now shipping for just under $400 USD with the promise of Optane support, Hyper-Threading, and an integrated Iris Plus Graphics 655 GPU.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-quietly-launches-family-of-NUCs-equipped-with-Bean-Lake-CPUs-and-Iris-GPUs.323008.0.html

Need more power

It'd be nice if Intel Iris became the new baseline for integrated graphics. Intel HD 620/630 should be completely axed,

Now that you can run full linux on chromebooks, I wish all Intel chromebooks came with Intel Iris aswell (kinda like MBP 13). I might even consider getting something like a $1000 pixelbook if they just came with 28W TDP Intel Iris and speakers/SSDs comparable to what apple uses.

These desktop NUC's should really come with Vega M GH/GL graphics at a very minimum too. That would make things far more interesting.

Ofcourse, it'll never happen. But hopes and dreams right?

And iirc, the 28w tdp intel iris cpu's never came to xps 13 or surface pro, only the MBP 13 used them. They stuck to 15w parts so this should be corrected or explained alittle more clearly in the article.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview