News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ZenBook Pro UX550VD (i7, GTX 1050, Full-HD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, August 25, 2017, 17:02:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Noble multimedia Laptop – Live Review. The new Asus ZenBook Pro UX550 is a high-end multimedia notebook. You get powerful components in a great chassis, but there are currently still some stability issues.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ZenBook-Pro-UX550VD-i7-GTX-1050-Full-HD-Laptop-Review.244290.0.html

Simone

How is the build quality of the chassis? I'm worried about the flex near the keyboard.

Commenter

Here is the some info regarding the coil whine and keyboard flex issues https://www.reddit.com/r/laptops/comments/6ntlbb/got_my_asus_ux550_today_and_im_kinda_disappointed/

natrificial

Sorry if I seem daft but I've ordered this computer but will it fine to use a USB-C to Displayport connector to activate all of the features of a G-sync gaming monitor (e.g. 240 Hz), e.g.: Dell S2417DG - thanks!

austinlxx

I've always been put off by the material used in the chassis of Asus ZenBooks. Despite this notebook being marked as their Pro series, build quality seems something of the standard of a Dell Inspiron.

Farhad

:) thank you for the review. I did not find the usual heading "Emission (noise)". Any words on that?

Lasse Olsen

How come does the battery test favor the UX550 with a smaller battery than the XPS 15 97WHrs?

juodvarnis

disableing BD PROCHOT with ThrottleStop should solve throttling when GPU and CPU loaded simultaneously

MP

What about system noise and coil whine? I heard that the latter is a big issue on this model.

Wopp

To all those wondering about the chassis - it is not that good.  The base aluminum is thin, the structural part of the upper portion is plastic.  See the brass nut inserts in that M.2 picture ?  Those eventually rip out after some carrying around.  The plastic legs for those brass nuts are super thin as well. 

The aluminum veneer is just a veneer. For the money and form factor, I would much rather choose a Dell XPS or Apple Macbook Pro, depending on your tastes.

vincentxp

by looking at it SSD , it's should at least pair with 1050ti.
btw , Asus are really well balance configure this notebook. it's gaming, it's nice LCD , it's fast , it's SSD amazing speed , it's long battery life than other competitor.

sydd

hmm I am disappointed, nothing stands out compared to other such models. Except that its a bit too expensive.

If you want something like this get the Yoga 720 15" model, same CPU, GPU, display, just it has a touchscreen, active stylus support and is much cheaper.

dthrp

Seems decent, but still behind Aero 14 (1050 Ti) or Aero 15 (1060).

Pros
- decent FHD screen
- acceptable speakers

Cons
- weak performance
- poor cooling solution and chassis design
- poor build quality for price
- soldered memory
- 73 Wh battery way too small
- TB3 is PCIe x4 lanes for both ports, not each
- no full SD
- HDMI & microSD decade old standards
- FP reader on touchpad
- touchpad not aligned with spacebar
- power button on keyboard
- bad key layout and response
- one M.2-2280 isn't enough
- no indicator lights
- heavy charger
- relatively expensive

Serhio

Guys, maybe there are those who could answer me: is it worth taking a version with 8 GB of RAM? Resource-intensive programs or games at the GTX1050 level will slow down - right? Can the paging file on SSD fix this problem?
PS Sorry for my bad English.

Klaus Hinum

Currently I dont think 8 GB of RAM will slow down the system if you dont do special things. Most games and apps will be fine with 8 GB.
Wurde Dir von einem in unserem Forum oder durch Notebookcheck geholfen? Dann verfass doch einen User Testbericht über dein Notebook und gib damit etwas an die Community zurück!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview