News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ZenBook Pro UX550VD (i7, GTX 1050, Full-HD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, August 25, 2017, 17:02:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Serhio

Quote from: Klaus Hinum on September 08, 2017, 07:29:59
Currently I dont think 8 GB of RAM will slow down the system if you dont do special things. Most games and apps will be fine with 8 GB.
I want to use this laptop the next few years, so I'm so worried about this issue. It seems to me that the GTX-1050T will not be able to reveal its potential with 8GB of RAM. Are my fears in vain? Also I heard that the lack of RAM can compensate for the swap file on the SSD, how much is this true?

dthrp

@Serhio:
Depends on what you do. RAM management is pretty awful on Windows, for instance, streaming a high-res video online would take more memory than necessarily needed.
By "potential", if you mean "perceived snappiness" during graphic intensive work or navigating an interface, things like sustainable max CPU clockspeed, amount of cache, random read and write speeds of storage, and software optimization will determine most of it.
As for paging on low RAM it won't be as speedy, even on an expensive NVMe SSD. Better to just buy more memory and disable paging to begin with (which shouldn't be an issue unless you do something that says it'll absolutely malfunction without setting the paging file on a GUI level).

Tajgeer

Marc

Hi guys, correct me if I am wrong - I don't see .icm profile anywhere at the page...

Thanks.

Text from the review states: Our calibrated .icm-profile is available for free in the display box above.

Dieter

Hi guys,

was wondering if the temperatures in your stress were reached after undervolting/software optimization or out of the box?

Just wanted to know if I can game on it (no AAA titles) without it getting very hot and throttling heavily.

Dergo

I just bought an Asus ZenBook UX550VD.

There are problems with the keyboard. Certain keys are not giving the correct characters.

For example: when I press the key "0" it returns the character "/". Shift + key "0" returns the character "/" as well.

In the same way the key "p" returns "*" and the key "-" returns "+".

When I press these keys together with the Function key "fn" the correct characters appear.

In Windows 10, the correct keyboard layout is selected.

The problem also occurs without Windows e.g. when I use the keys in BIOS setup.

Has anyone had a similar problem or any idea what could be the problem?

esi

i have a big problem i have ux550vd
my problem is my ssd m2 is micron 1100 512
but i think must is samsung 961 please help
and its replaced ? or original ?
then i need more space can keep m2 and a more normal hard disk 1tb?
thank you
sorry for bad english

sverkaj

ky është laptopi më i keq në jetën time që kam pasur, nxehet shumë pa bërë asgjë!
I also bought it for 1700 euros

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview