News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Tablet Review

Started by Redaktion, July 29, 2014, 10:11:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Reshaping the Surface. Microsoft's latest Surface is thinner, lighter, sexier, and even more versatile than before. Has the world finally met the successor to the modern laptop?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-Surface-Pro-3-Tablet-Review.122170.0.html

John

johny

Great review! Why don't you publish the black levels and the contrast of the display?

Steve Schardein

Thank you Johny!

I promise we will be updating with those values soon.  We felt that our measurements may have been off so we are sending the machine back to the lab to have it remeasured first.  Just trying to be as accurate as humanly possible! :)

chankoedoo

You have tested the SP2 before that special firmware update which greatly has improved the batterylifetime. So in the end the SP2 is on par with its successor.

anon

"a screen that's over 10% larger" Actually, its 38% larger (66.3 square inches versus 48).

Steve Schardein

You're right, that's pretty confusing/misleading the way I have that worded.  Fixed it, thanks!

Appreciate all the feedback as always guys!  Hope you found the review informative.

Ksyruz

You are quite right that it does cost a bit much compare to its competition. Especially then the Lenovo Yoga pro 2 which you can get the i7/512gb for £1,400. The only thing that makes the MS Surface a better choice is the Wacom Stylus

Luke48

Quote from: Ksyruz on July 30, 2014, 13:23:37
You are quite right that it does cost a bit much compare to its competition. Especially then the Lenovo Yoga pro 2 which you can get the i7/512gb for £1,400. The only thing that makes the MS Surface a better choice is the Wacom Stylus

You do clearly pay also for the reduced weight and more compact dimensions. Notebooks that are heavier and bulkier are bit cheaper compared to both.
That said the low to mid range Surface Pro 3 models are similar priced to Yoga. It's the high end which seems bit pricier.

Larsvontrier

If you're going to say 930 bucks is FAR more than 800 for the ipad air, you should try and a cover (even more so with a keyboard in it) to the price of the Ipad. I've never seen anyone use an ipad outside their hole without a cover.

Sefer

Quote from: Ksyruz on July 30, 2014, 13:23:37

There is no Wacom Stylus anymore in the Surface Pro 3 ... It is N-Trig now...

PM

Good to see that they've ditched 16:9. I hope to see more laptop manufacturers follow suit and re-adopt 16:10 or move to 3:2. PLEASE, I would throw a lot of money for a decent screen ratio but would prefer something larger (or if a hybrid more like the Lenovo Yoga without a kick-stand).

nathan Alan

how is the surface pro 2 better suited for gaming? as compared to this model. i understand neither one is used for high end gaming but light gaming is nice every once in awhile.

AnestisP

Great review I was right to wait for, because it is obvious that apart from a remarkable engineering result, it has some basic flows. A windows tablet is needed basically for work. And it is needed by people who work standing up not sitting on a desk or lying on a bed. It is necessary for people who need the stylus. So we can think a list of professions like doctors engineers field workers like topographers, geologists, environmental scientists, archeologists to name a few. Also it is needed by university students.  It is not necessary for the average jurnalist and this is the reason that they think the optional keyboard is essential.  For me essential is the docking station when I return to the office.
So for all those that really need a windows tablet to work, the most serious drawbacks of this model are the low screen brightness to be readable under the sun, the high temperatures measured and the lack of gps. Also windows 8 is an OS not well designed for tablets compared to XP for tablets and windows 7. For me I can wait for the next model to correct the flows but seems that Intel must help also.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview