News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Tablet Review

Started by Redaktion, July 29, 2014, 10:11:45

Previous topic - Next topic

peter d-g

I have an old Dell XT2 with earlier generation N-Trig digitiser & Windows 7.
I am pen-centric & use neither touch nor a keyboard. With my current machine I can switch touch off & have the screen respond only to the stylus. Can anyone tell me if the W8 & later N-Trig setup of the SP3 has this option?
Peter

Melissa

This is one of the best reviews I have read! Thank you! I liked how you included a review of the screen calibration and rendering. I also noticed that the grayscale rendering is TERRIBLE. There are obvious green and purple hues, which should be black/dark gray. This is a deal-breaker for me.   :-\

I found this other blog that covers the problem in some detail:
http://www.danielehrman.com/blog/2014/11/17/the-one-and-only-deal-breaker-that-killed-the-surface-pro-3

Has anyone else noticed this or been able to fix it?

Peter Daniels

Thanks for your great review, still useful in 2019 might I say. FYI You mention you started with an Apple IIGS, my first computer as a systems engineer was a Ferranti-Packard Mainframe, all tubes, was the mainstay for NORAD for a few years, guess what? I do believe I'm older than you! :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview