News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi Redmi Book 14 launches with unexpectedly outdated Intel processors

Started by Redaktion, May 23, 2023, 19:57:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Xiaomi has presented the Redmi Book 14 in China, where it has launched with a 2.8K and 120 Hz display. Available with a choice of two Intel Alder Lake-H series processors, the 1.37 kg laptop also has LPDDR5 RAM and PCIe 4.0 storage, among other features.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Redmi-Book-14-launches-with-unexpectedly-outdated-Intel-processors.719609.0.html

Skif

A great price/performance ratio, for a non-pro model. But it's sad that the global prices will be different

Swizzy

I don't see the big deal of using previous generation CPUs as long as it reflects in the price. Shame about the 300nits though. I see so many otherwise great laptops ruined by screens. This was especially apparent in early ryzen mobile days where Intel models had 350+ nits screens and ryzen models got ~250.

LL

The hardware don't make sense. Strong CPU's with subpar cooling (light weight) and small battery?

Hunter2020

Beats Huawei laptops.  I have a Huawei WiFi6 router that generate lots of problems like bad connection, slow speed.  Replaced with Xiaomi WiFi6 router of roughly same price and never experienced those problems since. 

My Huawei budget laptop that costs about the same as this Redmi book sucks.   Really terrible screen.  This Redmi book kicks Huawei butt.  Unless you're willing to shell out $2000 USD or more you cannot get a Huawei laptop with resolution higher than 2520x1680.

So what if the Redmi uses outdated CPU?  It's got killer specs especially that color accuracy low Delta E value.  For that kind of spec you need to spend 50% more from Huawei!!

RinzImpulse

You guys should know better that 13th gen H series is just an ADL rebrand. No point talking about "last gen" since it's still much better than 13th gen U series

Zoom

Quote from: LL on May 23, 2023, 21:47:16The hardware don't make sense. Strong CPU's with subpar cooling (light weight) and small battery?
+1 you are absolutely right Xiaomi is wrong one of the problems of intel 12 Gen is that it overheated and its high consumption if you add to that that they have put a small battery and in such a small space the performance will be minimal.
The strange thing is that they have not put a Zen 4 7040 Phoenix designed for ultrabooks that consumes less energy and less heat than, together with RDNA 3, does not need dedicated graphics, if they had, they would sell everything.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview