News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Wrist-worn non-invasive continuous glucose monitor from Movano takes step closer to FDA clearance after type 1 diabetes pilot study completion

Started by Redaktion, February 24, 2022, 22:44:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A non-invasive continuous glucose monitor wearable from Movano Inc. has taken an important step on its development path by finishing a second approved pilot study. Testing involved people with type 1 diabetes comparing results from finger-stick methods and existing CGMs with those produced by the Movano prototype wearable.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Wrist-worn-non-invasive-continuous-glucose-monitor-from-Movano-takes-step-closer-to-FDA-clearance-after-type-1-diabetes-pilot-study-completion.604453.0.html

Brandon Alloe

Joel K

Quote from: Brandon Alloe on February 25, 2022, 17:22:26
Nice they totally took my idea. I was developing one with an optical sensor.
Then provide documentation, links  or pictures about your so-called idea, if u can't reply accordingly then please don't put brainless comments here, thank u.

Cara

I've been T1D since birth. This would be amazing but I fear for the accuracy. As it stands the current CGMs available to us aren't 100% accurate 100% of the time, and that's with being subcutaneous. Not sure how a wrist watch could possibly give accurate readings without a blood sample. Just a targeting ploy and I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap.

RW

I'll believe it when I see it.  I completely trust that the technology is there it just always seems to get bought up and disappear.  I worked on a project with Glucolight in 2006 (do a web search on archive.org) and the had a working optical model back then.  The patents have been around a long time.  UT Austin had some of the early ones.  There are several different non-invasive techniques and they usually involve some kind of optical or other RF frequency shift to measure the vibrational frequency of the blood.  See OCT, Raman spectroscopy, etc. for the basics.  Here is a simple test: Does the glucose test involve a consumable that the user has to constantly buy?  If yes then it will come to market.  Does the device run without requiring that calibration devices or consumables will be needed for use?  If yes then it won't make it to market.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview