News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

RTX 4090 gets restrictive US$2,999 MSRP in unofficial Nvidia GeForce RTX 40 series price predictions list

Started by Redaktion, September 11, 2021, 11:57:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Expectations are high for the Lovelace GeForce RTX 40 series of graphics cards from Nvidia, and it seems price predictions are similarly high. There have been a few suggestions that the top-end GeForce RTX 4090 card could end up being stuck with an MSRP of US$2,999, leaving it likely out of reach for the majority of gamers.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/RTX-4090-gets-restrictive-US-2-999-MSRP-in-unofficial-Nvidia-GeForce-RTX-40-series-price-predictions-list.560778.0.html

Godrilla

If the rtx 4070 performs close to a 3090 super and performance scales up accordingly to 4080 and 4080ti  then most enthusiasts wouldn't need the 4090 unless the performance is more than just a significant 5% delta gain. How much would the performance have to be for $1000 premium over an already overpriced card? There is always the red team and MCM.

Ugh

Garrett

Headline should be "obscure YouTuber with no inside information wildly speculates on Twitter". This is hardly post worthy.

John's birth terse

Why doesn't someone come out and say it. This stupid chip shortage. It is to going to get better in October of this year, it isn't going to get better next year either and it definitely will not get better they year after.

Demand will only keep going up for these chips while these prices of black mud build new fab factories that will take 3 years at minimum. Once production starts, the rest of us will still keep holing that a year later they can catch up with demand. That puts us at 2025.

But that is still to hopeful. Why? Cause these prices of black tard are building these with the demand we are having now. Which we all they can't keep up with.

Thank China everybody. Welcome to a world where production continues but use peasants can't get crap.

Handelo

F. That. Seriously. The "build it and they will come" mentality has an upper threshold. This is way past that. Scaling up the prices to match the performance means there are zero or even negative performance per dollar gains. PC gaming will be dead in a decade if this keeps up.

Zach

I'd be okay with these prices considering the chip shortage as long as the 4080 ti came out at the same time but it seems like it'll be a delayed lauch.

@man_daddio

I don't have a problem with Graphically Challenged but I find it very funny how somebody who's simply makes predictions gets a quote on this site. Most YouTubers and articles regurgitate the same information. Nothing new is learned most of the time.
Even though the 3090 was priced very high I think the price was fair compared to the Titan cards before it. The problem was the distance from the 3080. Everybody always compares the wrong things rather than how companies feel they could make a return on their investment. You can't price every single product cheap.
If you look at televisions they don't always scale up evenly. You have the bottom of the barrel at under $500. Then you have your $1, 000s models and then you have your top end models from anywhere from $3,500 to $8,000. And then the ridiculous ones exponentially higher than that.

It comes down to spreading out the hardware to make the best return but at the same time getting a reach out to consumers.
Video cards on the other hand were hit because of the chip shortages and cryptocurrency. Covid I'm sure raised the prices up a little but I don't think that was the main reason.
AMD practically hogged the seven nanometer space. That didn't help anyone else. But everyone was grabbing the 5 nanometer and 7 nanometer. A convergence of circumstances that messed everything up.

Intel did well because they had a lot of stock. Imagine if they had even their low-end video cards already made. They would have killed it.
I know I'm simplifying things somewhat but that's just how I see it.

I don't think the 4090 is going to be $3,000. Nvidia knows that that won't fly well. Especially since they were getting complaints about the 3090 being $1,500.
They might come out with a super or Titan again which in that case they can sell for much more.

John Hayes

If you think the 490 price of 3 grand is over the top just give a thought
For the Poor Australians as they are made to pay this price for the higher
30 Series cards in Australia .
When you here a Video Card is around 500 bucks we get stung
Over a grand around 1300.00 AUD now that Sucks :(
That is for a 3060 a lower end 30 series.

Mohamed Salman

I try to avoid swearing as a form self-discipline and manners control.
But when I read this title I swore unintentionally...
It seems like Nvidia has given up on GPU for gamers completely and is now fully targeting the Crypto-currency Miners with its latest cards.
They are isolating their life long market sector for what might be a bubble that might burst at any time!
Why don't they create a seperate range of cards for miners (with specs tuned for this task) and GPUs for gamers?!
I seriously feel that greed has taken over completely from here on.
Intel has gotten the message and is Intigrating high Graphical Processing into their CPUs (AMD might follow suite except they are making as much profit as Nvidia from sellinf GPU at inflated prices).

Mustard McCustard

The pricing sucks and is a return to 2080ti price levels, though we have no way of knowing if it's correct. That said Nvidia has many mining specific cards,
(HX series) but the thing is that this doesn't stop miners from also just buying gaming GPUs. The mining hash rate limiter is the best bet for deterring miners from buying up GPUs, but it seems like there's always a hack or workaround to get around these limitations making cards attractive to miners.

SimonT

"While the potential Nvidia GeForce RTX 4050 and RTX 4060 sit at reasonable price points"

What?

xx50s used to be below 150$, xx60s were around 250$

So how is 280 and 400$ "reasonable"? The heck?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview