News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

RTX 4090 gets restrictive US$2,999 MSRP in unofficial Nvidia GeForce RTX 40 series price predictions list

Started by Redaktion, September 11, 2021, 11:57:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiseman

Quote from: @man_daddio on September 12, 2021, 00:22:32
I don't have a problem with Graphically Challenged but I find it very funny how somebody who's simply makes predictions gets a quote on this site. Most YouTubers and articles regurgitate the same information. Nothing new is learned most of the time.
Even though the 3090 was priced very high I think the price was fair compared to the Titan cards before it. The problem was the distance from the 3080. Everybody always compares the wrong things rather than how companies feel they could make a return on their investment. You can't price every single product cheap.
If you look at televisions they don't always scale up evenly. You have the bottom of the barrel at under $500. Then you have your $1, 000s models and then you have your top end models from anywhere from $3,500 to $8,000. And then the ridiculous ones exponentially higher than that.

It comes down to spreading out the hardware to make the best return but at the same time getting a reach out to consumers.
Video cards on the other hand were hit because of the chip shortages and cryptocurrency. Covid I'm sure raised the prices up a little but I don't think that was the main reason.
AMD practically hogged the seven nanometer space. That didn't help anyone else. But everyone was grabbing the 5 nanometer and 7 nanometer. A convergence of circumstances that messed everything up.

Intel did well because they had a lot of stock. Imagine if they had even their low-end video cards already made. They would have killed it.
I know I'm simplifying things somewhat but that's just how I see it.

I don't think the 4090 is going to be $3,000. Nvidia knows that that won't fly well. Especially since they were getting complaints about the 3090 being $1,500.
They might come out with a super or Titan again which in that case they can sell for much more.

Its not Nvidia's fault. It is your fault for keep on giving them money even when they keep on increasing prices. You think Intel and AMD gonna sit still and produce card reasonable prices? No, they will follow Nvidia prices hike with their own price hike. It is your fault for giving them money. Not chip shortage issue, not AMD hogging TSMC 7, it is your fault

Cosk

I know that these prices in a normal situation would be pretty awful, but come on, we all know we aren't in normal circumstances and that right now gpu prices are way higher than they should be. If i could get a better card than the rtx 2060 or 3060 cheaper i would absolutely buy it. Right now a rtx 2060 is around 700-800$, and on poorer countries it can reach 1400$

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview