News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Damage control: Microsoft deletes all comments under heavily criticized Windows 11 upgrade video

Started by Redaktion, August 03, 2021, 22:16:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Some of the now deleted comments accused Microsoft of being tone-deaf, while others harshly criticized Windows 11's controversial hardware requirements. The company now tries to get the displeased owners of incompatible hardware back under control.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Damage-control-Microsoft-deletes-all-comments-under-heavily-criticized-Windows-11-upgrade-video.553279.0.html

Fhei

But it is not censorship. Just private businesses with large and purposefully built forums for discourse, moderated to their liking.

Thinkpad

Microsoft pretending like nothing's wrong with such a steep dislike percentage? Sounds like silencing those who disagree, lel. Oh no, people don't want to have to upgrade just for a useless "security feature" on their computer, who would've guessed. Shove your TPM2.0, MS.

KL

just report the video as misleading, because in 2015 they said windows 10 their last OS. now they just axe most of their user.

so the trend is true, after one good OS, microsoft follow it with bad one.

XP (good), Vista (bad), 7 (Good), 8 (Bad), 10 (good), 11 (I think it become bad)

ariliquin

Can't progress if you have to make everything backward compatible. There has to be some point where you look more to the future than the past. Such a storm in a tea cup.

It's like saying, why can't I play Cyberpunk on my 10 year old graphics card and gaming console? What a joke.

mixedfish

Not sure what the fuss is over Win11. Win10 will still work and will still get updates. There's zero benefit on updating to Win11 unless you're intending to jump into benefits outlined by Microsoft. And again you can still use Win10.

Also MacOS has been brick walling as a practice for decades now with arbitrary OS updates based on hardware you cannot even self upgrade. Yet no one bats an eyelid, but are so willing to drink the kool-aid of security benefits.

More discussion is needed rather than being an angry child not getting their new toys.

TruthIsThere

Yeah, it's never cool to censor CONSTRUCTIVE voices but let's be honest here.

Many of those comments were from retarded, very vulgar languages, pycho minds just to say, "hey, MS, I do not share your strategy for Win11, what's the compromise, as you would even claim, for your over 1B+ Win10 users to updrade to Win11"

No... they were unbelievablely insulting MS, etc. that even the devil would go...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alexander_

That's right. Microsoft finally used Apple strategy and do as Cupertino.
Or does anyone doubt it?  :)

Digitalguy

Quote from: mixedfish on August 04, 2021, 04:11:26
Not sure what the fuss is over Win11. Win10 will still work and will still get updates. There's zero benefit on updating to Win11 unless you're intending to jump into benefits outlined by Microsoft. And again you can still use Win10.

Also MacOS has been brick walling as a practice for decades now with arbitrary OS updates based on hardware you cannot even self upgrade. Yet no one bats an eyelid, but are so willing to drink the kool-aid of security benefits.

More discussion is needed rather than being an angry child not getting their new toys.

Hardly anybody cares about Windows 11. People are angry because in 4 years they perfectly working PCs won't be supported anymore. And please don't come saying that in 4 years they will be too old. Some 6th and 7th gen desktops (and laptops) have all the security requirements and could very well be used past 2025... Even something like my 4th gen i7-4770k with 32GB RAM will still be more than capable in 4 years... That's the real reason.... And people are angry because Microsoft said that Win 10 was the last version of Windows and people expected a very long support...
Now they'll have to use an unsupported PC if they want to keep using their hardware. And I can assure you many will, especially if it's not their only device. They are not going to through them away, but it sucks because at some point browsers and cloud services will start to drop compatibility....

Doogle

Nothing you said here is true other than those computers can technically be used well into the future with the applicable OS. These security features are beneficial to the end user and all of the CPU models you listed have known severe vulnerabilities. Have the ones we know of technically been patched.. yes however this does not take away from the fact that they need patched in the first place along with the performance degradation. Windows 11 is windows 10 with some new features mainly in the security category so why you are even complaining i do not know. Us windows 10 then Jesus.. also just to be clear just because someone has a plan (ie. MS saying 6 years ago an OS would be its last) doesn't mean things don't change or unforeseen circumstance present themselves and if you are involved in the tech world currently then you are fully aware of our current security climate in the industry.

frogg

Frankly, they don't care an inch about their user's security. No, what they want is to 'secure' their user's data all for themselves and don't share with anyone else, just like Apple and like what Google is doing  with Android. Data is the new oil.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview