News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5750G desktop APU returns to CPU-Z confirming single-thread superiority over Ryzen 7 4700G and Intel Core i9-10900K

Started by Redaktion, April 04, 2021, 13:09:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

An AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5750G desktop APU engineering sample has had its CPU-Z benchmark results shared, once again showing decent single-thread performance that went beyond the Ryzen 7 4700G and Intel Core i9-10900K. The Ryzen 7 PRO 5750G will be an enterprise-oriented variant of the Cezanne Zen 3 Ryzen 7 5700G APU.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-7-PRO-5750G-desktop-APU-returns-to-CPU-Z-confirming-single-thread-superiority-over-Ryzen-7-4700G-and-Intel-Core-i9-10900K.530862.0.html

8&8

always bench under cpu, but never GPU side, i have to wait techEpifany on YT to see how a iGPU works... damn

Paul Roux

I'll skip 5xxx APU like I skipped 3xxx when I upgraded from a 2400G to a 4750G. Thay was a great upgrade. This seems too incremental.

DuDu

Ill be skipping this one and sticking with my r5 2600. Waiting for a budget 10-core in the next gen

numskull

Wait for Zen 4 on AM5, 5nm process, better power and thermals, improved IPC, RDNA2/3, should be a step change and upgradeable for years to come if ever needed. My Phenom II x6 is actually servicing my needs fine for now but has maxxed out my AM3 board, so in a couple of years i may look at the latest maybe Zen 5 by then?

8&8

if you read comments please be attention, they all will skip from an "old" cpu to another one, but they are fake accounts, because in this period there is a short cut of money and their upgrade isn't so big, to not speak that iGPu is in pair of GT 1030 nowadays price of 200$.

APU are useless, buy anR3 or i3 with a dGPU.

thank you reader

Fulljack

Quote from: Paul Roux on April 04, 2021, 17:12:14
I'll skip 5xxx APU like I skipped 3xxx when I upgraded from a 2400G to a 4750G. Thay was a great upgrade. This seems too incremental.

very true. if you're already sporting Renoir then no need to change to Cezanne unless you really need that CPU performance increase, or if your workload need more cache.

otherwise the GPU block are literally the same between Cezanne and Renoir—just higher clock speed on the former.

_MT_

Quote from: 8&8 on April 04, 2021, 20:19:15
An advantage of APU is that the box can be a lot smaller. And the GPU is practically for free (4750G costs about as much as 3700X, at least around here). I even have a small research cluster built from them since standard desktop Ryzens lack even the most basic iGPU, unlike Intel's counterparts.

spuwho

There is still a market for exceptional CPU with average GPU. Not everyone needs a high heat, heat watt, high $$$ GPU. Not everyone is looking for record high framerates in their games and hash cryptocoin. They prefer to have their furnace heat their home, not their PC. These fullfill a need in the middle of the market.

8&8

@ _MT_ nah, because you can't play in 1080p or even 720p ultra settings. dGPU instead can help you playing 1080p in medium/high ex: see MX450 @28W or GTX 150Ti if price permit this. better with old RX480 /RX 550.

are useless because with few CU can't resolve your desire to play normal games, if yes only androids. AMD could mantain the same CU or even increase them, like Igor's Lab wrote months ago...

Ah right AMd&intel are in a secret agreement

8&8

Phoenix APU 8CU RDNA2 10c/20t zen4 (or if we are optimists 16CU with MCM) can't even run Star Citizen in 720p High settings.

_MT_

Quote from: 8&8 on April 05, 2021, 18:27:22
@ _MT_ nah, because you can't play in 1080p or even 720p ultra settings. dGPU instead can help you playing 1080p in medium/high ex: see MX450 @28W or GTX 150Ti if price permit this. better with old RX480 /RX 550.

are useless because with few CU can't resolve your desire to play normal games, if yes only androids. AMD could mantain the same CU or even increase them, like Igor's Lab wrote months ago...

Ah right AMd&intel are in a secret agreement
Not everybody plays games. And it should be plenty for older games. Which should suffice for people who play once in blue moon. APUs are not built for gaming. Certainly not the latest and greatest at high settings. It's about priorities. I prefer small and quiet computers. And when I'm sitting at a computer, I prefer working. When I want to have fun, I go outdoors. Games come in handy in bad weather.

Patrick_76

Quote from: 8&8 on April 04, 2021, 20:19:15
if you read comments please be attention, they all will skip from an "old" cpu to another one, but they are fake accounts, because in this period there is a short cut of money and their upgrade isn't so big, to not speak that iGPu is in pair of GT 1030 nowadays price of 200$.

thank you reader

Dumbest. Comment. Ever.
Anyone who is half as clever as a dim witted monkey knows you don't buy apus for anything other than budget gaming.
What they offer is potentially smaller boxes. Try building a nuc with a full sized, or even lff gpu.
Its impossible.
They also offer dx, ogl and Vulcan support in situations where its needed, but real time rendering isn't.
Features, not outright performance.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview