News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Forget the upcoming PS5 vs Xbox Series X battle, the PlayStation 4 is still busy destroying the Xbox One in global hardware sales

Started by Redaktion, April 21, 2020, 12:07:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Global hardware sales figures for major consoles have been shared online, and it appears that the PlayStation 4 is still far and away the most popular console in the world at the moment. Over 325,000 units of the PS4 were sold in the sales week starting April 11, which is almost seven times as many Xbox One units that were sold.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Forget-the-upcoming-PS5-vs-Xbox-Series-X-battle-the-PlayStation-4-is-still-busy-destroying-the-Xbox-One-in-global-hardware-sales.462152.0.html

Anonym

The original Xbox One was a mess, no one can deny that. Microsoft eventually started taking all the right steps, first with the refreshed One S, then with the risky mid-gen One X, and lastly with the disrupting Game Pass subscription.

That's why the Xbox Series X is puzzling. Microsoft desperately needs to grow its user base to be a force in the console market (i.e., have more pull with 3rd-party software houses). Ergo, they really needed to sell their console like "hot cakes"... but everything about the Series X sounds like a more expensive console (that is the opposite of a fast seller).

I'm guessing that by the time Lockhart is ready to be released, Sony will be announcing the "PS5 pro", surpassing the power of the series X. Sony only needs to match XSX to get their loyal fans in, while Microsoft needs to regain gamers with the lure of a much better deal. Very interesting times ahead people, no one can predict what will happen (as everyone is playing a game of chicken with each other)!

opelit

You do know that MS doesnt share Xbox sales numbers for soooo long that the whole post doesnt make sense....

clw

beating a dead horse here. Don't know why we're still talking about how ps4 is selling more than xbox at the end of a generation. next gen is literally months away and i know i'm not alone when I saw I'm looking to tomorrow, not yesterday. and tomorrow - xbox is coming in a lot stronger.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview