News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Oh So Slow: Google Pixel 4 XL shown to be a laggy mess

Started by Redaktion, October 27, 2019, 21:14:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Artem Russakovskii of Android Police has posted a video showing his Pixel 4 XL taking ages to open the Settings and Spotify apps. Video recording on the phones also appears to be less than stellar, with obvious stutters at the start of the video. So much for being the smoothest Android device.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Oh-So-Slow-Google-Pixel-4-XL-shown-to-be-a-laggy-mess.440421.0.html

Daniel L Young

My Pixel 4XL is kicking butt. You can however, get a handful of people to complain that the Mariana Trench isn't deep enough, if that's your intent.

Docinabox

I can understand GOOGLE being OVERLY confident in software optimization (thus the small battery), they are great at software and that's what had me hooked with Pixel line up since the start.
...Yet they've dumbed down/crippled Soli to be used for 2 or 3 simple gimmicks. Who are they marketing these phones to?

Students? The Homeless? The hipsters? (They sure did test face unlock with mostly homeless people for 5 bucks as a matter of fact.)

Who exactly is running at Google in the past few years? Millenials?
I don't mean in the sense that some phone designs can look like copies of each other at similar points in time but I believe thats due to what parts suppliers have to offer to phone makers at that time...

Function over form for me, so
I CAN LIVE WITH:
- Odd choice of camera selections,
- Omitting 4k60fps until storage (UFS) and compression optimization is improved,
- Don't want to give us more than 25 to 30%  in residual value when attempting up trade-in our most recent Pixels bought press than 12 months ago?
- Less value for money?
Okay fine, where's the subscription plan then? No? Can't do that either?

....Okay. I'm still cool with that as well.

.... but I am more concerned about the recent decisions in terms of taking away premium features* are ACTIVE BACKWARD STEPS, and they will pay for it dearly.... They've basically appeared to have taken perfect aim at themselves to shoot themselves in the foot this year.

*I already pay for 2TB Google One drive, but I will end up upgrading to larger capacities every few years at the way things are going now and I might as well back up content locally or somewhere else like YouTube.

j patrick

My Pixel 4 is operating as advertised. No issues for my device especially not the issues stated in this article.

Brian

Oh so fast, some people will complain because they want to be heard, maybe you got a defective device I don't know but mine is fast as s**t no lag and smooth as f**k, this article is simply the opinion of one person and not reflective of the greater community

suoeno1357

Look... if you're a happy Pixel 4 and 4 XL user, then good for ya buddy. But if there are valid issues with someone else's, your own personal xp does not negate his or her's.

Defective phone or not you all paid the same "premium" and Google shouldn't be defended when issues arise.

And at least this guy erred on the positive even while having highlighted said issues, he didn't roll on the floor with tantrum and immediately RMA'ed his phone. He's being constructive and are sticking with it to continue with proper bug reporting.

Fans shouldn't be idiotic zealots who PAID A COMPANY to end up having to defend the ones who took their money. Instead scrutinize what you've paid good money for.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: suoeno1357 on October 28, 2019, 10:55:10
Look... if you're a happy Pixel 4 and 4 XL user, then good for ya buddy. But if there are valid issues with someone else's, your own personal xp does not negate his or her's.

Defective phone or not you all paid the same "premium" and Google shouldn't be defended when issues arise.

And at least this guy erred on the positive even while having highlighted said issues, he didn't roll on the floor with tantrum and immediately RMA'ed his phone. He's being constructive and are sticking with it to continue with proper bug reporting.

Fans shouldn't be idiotic zealots who PAID A COMPANY to end up having to defend the ones who took their money. Instead scrutinize what you've paid good money for.

Well said.

Gatorguy

Artem's Pixel may well have some issue whether caused by the user, a backup, some peculiar app, or a device fault. FWIW opening those same apps on mine is under a second. I suspect the vast majority of users are finding their personal experiences with theirs closer to mine  rather than Artem's.

The article headline would imply they all are performing the same as Mr Russakovskii's which is plainly not the case. It's hard to find topics fairly portrayed anymore since "hey, look at me, LOOK AT ME, over here" is more important than accuracy for too many writers.

Gatorguy

Quote from: suoeno1357 on October 28, 2019, 10:55:10

Those saying they aren't seeing the same issue as the one phone that Artem owns is hardly being an idiotic zealot. Isn't it more likely that one single phone is the outlier since his is the only complaint I find about lag despite who knows how many Pixel 4 XL is use by consumers?

Ricci Rox

Quote from: Gatorguy on October 28, 2019, 12:22:11
Artem's Pixel may well have some issue whether caused by the user, a backup, some peculiar app, or a device fault. FWIW opening those same apps on mine is under a second. I suspect the vast majority of users are finding their personal experiences with theirs closer to mine  rather than Artem's.

The article headline would imply they all are performing the same as Mr Russakovskii's which is plainly not the case. It's hard to find topics fairly portrayed anymore since "hey, look at me, LOOK AT ME, over here" is more important than accuracy for too many writers.

You'd be right except that the  headline never says it's a universal issue, and the article itself points out the fact that it's an almost isolated problem (although others have corroborated Artem's experience).

Bitwiser

I think people are trying to dump on this phone. I have ZERO issues with mine. I have none of the issues here. Fast and buttery smooth. Look at speed tests on YouTube. It is on par with one plus for speed.

Richard Servello

No issues here... Also had no issues with my pixel 2xl. People install crap I'm their phone that breaks it and blame it on the phone... Sad

Scott Meyn

My Pixel 4XL is super fast and just yesterday I got 7.5 hours on screen time with seriously heavy usage. I don't know how the battery lasted so long because all I read are horrible reviews on battery life and such. I have not disabled any setting in my Pixel 4XL and just freaking love this phone. People just love to hate that's all it is. Y'all it's a frickin phone and I personally believe it's one of the best phones I've ever owned. I will say it's better than my Pixel 3XL and that's saying a lot. I have had phones from pretty much every manufacturer and nothing comes as close to perfection than using a phone with a pure Google Android experience. This article was a joke. Oh and Motion Sense works flawlessly for me in every sense of the word so people just quit making crap worse than it is just to jump on the bandwagon to seem cool. Trust me it doesn't make you cool it makes you look like an iSheep!!!

Zebulun69

Clickbait title.. It's a bug as happen with other zillion other devices..but whatever sells your story right?

Richard Servello

Why are you set at slandering the pixel 4. I've had mine since day one and it's been fantastic. Not a single issue. Stop spreading lies.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview