News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ZenBook 15 UX534F Laptop Review: Look Like an Ultrabook, Play Like a Gamer

Started by Redaktion, September 30, 2019, 18:14:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Zenbook 15 is one of the very few laptops equipped with an Intel U-series CPU and a GTX 1650 Max-Q GPU for an impressive level of gaming performance relative to the compact chassis size. It strikes an excellent balance between the portability and long runtimes of a traditional Ultrabook while offering enough GPU power to play the latest games at 1080p. ScreenPad 2.0 looks crisper and feels smoother than before, but its associated price premium remains a tough sell.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ZenBook-15-UX534F-Laptop-Review-Look-Like-an-Ultrabook-Play-Like-a-Gamer.435111.0.html

Dovi

This give me high hopes for the Prestige 14" with i7-10710U and the Razer Stealth with ice lake and 1650 (even if I am really curious about the thermales on this one with the full 1650).

I really want a light and slim laptop on which I could play and these could finally be it !

Hope the reviews are gonna come soon.

Alexander_

I hope that it will soon release a BIOS update, which will reduce the DPC latency.
If they had done this with a matte UHD screen of 350-400 nits and a 4G module, it would have been great!
And if they also make it possible to charge via USB-C, then it wouldn't have a price.

Archuk

Gaming laptops are not being threatened by Google Stadia, at the moment and probably not in 5 years either. By then, Stadia is going to die like Google+ and other services that didn't work out for google.

Alexander_

Quote from: pablow on October 02, 2019, 15:57:43
No Thunderbolt 3 is just absurd at this point... NEXT!
but this is no Apple  :)
Laptops are not yet available with USB4.

Jesse

Hard pass.  Why? 
- Glossy Screen
- Display pad instead of glass like track pad
- super slim numpad crammed in next to the keyboard. (stop this Asus)

Fix these things and it becomes more interesting.

Put the money you save by eliminating these goofy 'checkbox items' into a better display.

Alexander_

Quote from: Jesse on October 03, 2019, 00:14:49
- Glossy Screen
Yeap! I agree with you!
It would be very nice if the keyboard were like the UX32VD.
(https://www.notebookcheck.net/fileadmin/_processed_/csm_IMG_8247_04_c6985ea4cc.jpg)

Dom

Quote from: Jesse on October 03, 2019, 00:14:49
Hard pass.  Why? 
- Glossy Screen
- Display pad instead of glass like track pad

Fix these things and it becomes more interesting.

Put the money you save by eliminating these goofy 'checkbox items' into a better display.

- Screen is great (at least for me).
- Screen pad is very useful. It can be disabled and then acts as a great trackpad.
- Number pad was the reason why I chose this laptop. Yes, it is slightly cramped, but it's much much better than nothing (having in mind 1.65kg laptop weight).

AndyWiryaPeaceful

Beware of Asus notebooks!!!

I had recently bought 5 Vivobook X505 Ryzen 3 2200U 4GB notebooks that comes with windows 10 that I had upgraded each one all by myself to a total of 8GB RAM.

So 4 was OK and one of them pops out windows activation expiry warning once every 3 seconds, so after resetting that one to factory setting does not solve the problem, I clean installed windows by myself and went to asus.com for drivers.

Turns out none of all drivers for Vivobook X505 in asus.com nor amd.com works, so I had to take it to service center in Jakarta.

Service center guy notifies me that everything is ok now and notebook is ready for pick up and asks for Rp150,000 (about US$10) service fee because I was supposed to have them install that 4GB RAM chip. So if I don't pay it, he'd get Asus to void my warranty although nothing is broken.

So I won't pay for it and now Asus service center in Jakarta has a million excuse why that notebook is not ready for pick up yet.

Seriously, Asus  & AMD, why the hell none of its drivers in asus.com nor amd.com works to begin with?

Please fix this.

Serj

I bought this laptop and I faced the DCP latency issues. Issues are HUUUGE! How can I resolve it on this laptop?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview