News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung's new devices are a poor joke and the base Note 10 is the punchline

Started by Redaktion, August 11, 2019, 15:48:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Samsung launched the Galaxy Note 10 phones a few days ago and the devices have received mixed reviews, most notably for the lack of a headphone jack and the...well, the general existence of the Note 10.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-s-new-devices-are-a-poor-joke-and-the-base-Note-10-is-the-punchline.429955.0.html

S.Yu

Come to think of it, Sony's had the best CMOS all along, but somehow the mobile division's chosen to avoid it, that's even before the fuzzy processing issues.

The Note 10 really is an "e" grade product, it baffled me when it was released but examining the specs one by one superposed with the price it baffles me even more. What were they thinking?! It can't even be explained that Samsung put too much hope on the ban, because that only came into effect near the end of the product cycle. The person behind this duo needs to be fired!

I wasn't aware that ROGP2's screen is better than any of Samsung's flagships though, I heard it was a cheap-looking (the look itself may not be easily quantified) BOE panel.

A50 user

I don't care about flagship, I have A50 that has 4000 mAh battery, micro SD slot+ 3.5 mm jack for 1/3 price of note 10.

Yielar

Haha best leave the reviews to tech enthusiasts that know what they're doing. I think it was a good move coming out with a smaller and cheaper Note and it should pay off. I was impressed with the Note 10 presentation and think it's a solid upgrade over the Note 9 which was by all accounts one of the best phones of 2018. The One Plus 7 or any of their past phones always seem to miss the mark with either hardware or software and they just don't have the ability to compete with Samsung's flagships but are a great budget option for people. Samsung leads the way in AMOLED screen tech, next gen 3.0 memory, under-screen finger print reader and the recent additions to the s-pen are going to be quite useful for photos, videos and presentations. I think their camera cutout is the best idea yet vs Apples version or the teardrop etc. Companies like Huawei have been competing with their battery charging and photography and Samsung has answered with the Note 10 plus. Lots of great options out there but tough to find a better phone performance and fit and finish wise than the Note line. The ROG 2 is a solid gamer phone if that's all you're after but considering it overheats without the fan accessory attached is laughable. Looking forward to doing my own review once I get my hands on the Note 10 plus.

klee

Why bother carry a Note line when you can just and a pen on the Galaxy S series. A true Note fan would know that Samsung has be recently been putting it's latest tech in the S series instead of the Note series. This is supposed to be the Note serious 10th year and has nothing new in it that stands out. The Galaxy s11 will more likely have the new processor, the new camera, the new OnDisplaySpeaker a better fingerprint reader at least a 90htz display panel. The Note serious is a complete joke from Samsung.

Fares

Very bad article. Just repeating what some other youtubers are saying without giving any metrics or doung any real tests. Saying the oneplus 7 has the better screen proves how biased is this dude. Just having higher refresh rate does not mean a better screen. The most beautiful TV screens in the world are just 60Mhz. A higher refresh rate makes scrolling in menus a little more pleasing and make games smoother, nothing more. All other metrics are in favor of samsung's screens. Brighter, more color accurate and so on. Saying the camera is worst than competition is also wrong. The camera has its perks and flaws.

I would love to see a new camera system, and maybe it's the only bad move from samsung, because they are now playing catch up on the camera department. Their current camera system is on par with existing cameras, but will soon be outdated by phones coming this fall and next year.

S.Yu

Quote from: Yielar on August 11, 2019, 20:21:43
Haha best leave the reviews to tech enthusiasts that know what they're doing.
I would have to say the same to you.
I was impressed with the Note 10 presentation and think it's a solid upgrade over the Note 9
Are you trolling?
6.4" 2K "solidly upgrades" to 6.3" 1080P?
MicroSD slot "solidly upgrades" to no slot?
3.5mm jack "solidly upgrades" to no jack?
Heart rate sensor "solidly upgrades" to no sensor?
4000mah battery "solidly upgrades" to 3500mah battery?
And don't call processor upgrades "solid" because they're the minimal requirements!
Samsung leads the way in AMOLED screen tech, next gen 3.0 memory, under-screen finger print reader...
Oneplus 7 Pro's screen is Samsung's and by most accounts Samsung's best, it also debuted UFS3.0 which isn't even sure to be included in Note10! Samsung was slow to the UD fingerprint sensor game and their solution isn't notably superior to the latest optical! The camera cutout is better than the worse ones out there but not better than the retracting solutions, dual screens, or Meizu's simple no cutout!
The ROG 2...considering it overheats without the fan accessory attached is laughable
...and you have a complete review of the ROG 2 on finalized firmware already. Yeah right.

suo.eno.1357

It's already a bad joke the second Samsung worried about cramming a hole of a front cam onto the screen, negating the entire point of a "perfect canvas" for stylus use or for that matter "serious" use. I have an architect and an interior designer friends who'd closed actual deals with their Notes 8 and 9 each now both had groaned loudly during the launch stream.

Pros like them do not give half a s#*t about that Instagram life of selfies every 55 minutes? Still lucky for Samsung neither offloaded their Notes yet and would wait this one out for the next one when that Exynos+AMD combo SoC gets out.

Assuming IF Samsung is gonna play that one out right. If not, they'll lose people like that in droves.

ro

This guy sounds like he owns a CRAPPLE phone. Samsung has great phones, I have owned both. Please take your crappy review skills elsewhere.

Note4Lives

And I have a Note 4, with a removable battery, couple of extra batteries in my wallet, head phone jack, SD card slot, IR blaster, OLED screen, basically unbreakable plastic body thats been dropped a 100 times

Steve Sahagun

Hey Ricci Rox! So the perfect phone is an iPhone. Right? Dummy! CLICK BAIT! Damn! I fell for it! You Win Ricci! :)

Ricci Rox

Quote from: Steve Sahagun on August 12, 2019, 20:20:29
Hey Ricci Rox! So the perfect phone is an iPhone. Right? Dummy! CLICK BAIT! Damn! I fell for it! You Win Ricci! :)

I daily-drive an LG V40 but ok, mate.  ;)

You know what my V40 gives me? An amazing QHD+ AMOLED display, a headphone jack with a quad-dac, and expandable storage. I wonder what the Note 10 offers.

Hugh Dick

Are you that daft? The major smartphone companies are releasing 'budget premium' phones now to grab back some market share from the more premium Chinese phones.

Refer to iPhone XR vs iPhone XS, Galaxy S10e vs Galaxy S10, Pixel 3a vs Pixel 3.

Therefore, to make a cheaper Note, some corners need to be cut: less RAM, no microSD slot, one less camera etc.

If it makes you feel better: the Note 10 Plus is the successor to the Note 9, and the Note 10 is really the 'Note 10 Lite'.

Also, don't lose sleep over the absence of a headphone jack. If it's such a dealbreaker for you, I'm quite sure ALL the budget phones have a headphone jack; go buy one of those. If you're lucky you might even get FM radio.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview