News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 may be yet another step in the wrong direction for the smartphone industry

Started by Redaktion, July 14, 2019, 13:18:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Every year, OEMs increase prices on their new devices. The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 phones will be no different, as a new leak claims that the Note 10 could start at US$999. That's the same MSRP the Note 9 launched with but the main problem is that the Note 10 may as well be a "Lite" phone. The Note 10+ is the true premium device here, and that one is expected to cost north of US$1100.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-10-may-be-yet-another-step-in-the-wrong-direction-for-the-smartphone-industry.427535.0.html

Anarchoboondocker

As a creator doer true vagabond protean skilled carpenter owner of  top of the line Note 8, Note 4, & Note, I find the perpetual release of "ultra high tech" to be nothing more then groups of enslaved altruistic sheeples justifying their existence to a detached hierarchy that would sell their own mother for a rise in stock price.
IMHO the Note 9 improves nearly nothing of actual real world value. More over the successive plops coming off the assembly lines has been a drag on efficiency, sanity, and bank account. Surely the duped paritioners of consumerism with more dollars then sense will cheer on the latest in a massive line up of useless gadgetry. Murphy's law should be empirical "If it aint broke then don't fix it".
If the obvious failure to produce anything with REAL improvements eludes you, perhaps you should take time to meditate. Introspection sans propaganda(see Edward l Bernays) might just allow your ability to think critically to return from wherever it was shoved down to?
Speaking from experience as a creator of nearly everything that surrounds me and makes my life and income possible it is a fact that churning out technology and advances in technology in less than a year's time is a joke on the population at Large not to mention a prophet windfall for banks and telecoms that are now in the loan business. You will have to get up goddamn early in the morning for years to try to convince me there's any substance to the idiotic capitalist claim that actual technology  could possibly be advancing one year at a time? Frankly that is up there on the list of the "Stupidest Things I Have Ever Heard"! As I hold hold in my hand technology from 7 years ago that is if not more effective is at least as effective at providing efficiency novelty and thoughtful design. After 2 years the only thing useful for the Note 8 for is listening to music and using it as a paperweight for my drawings.
Honestly the duping through consumerism's seemingly endless supply of propaganda ultimately squelching any intelligent thought or reasoning has all but killed the core idea that supposed free markets will be producing better items at less expense is complete hogwash. Not presented with any sort of meaningful advances in income yet the items get more expensive and really do nothing well should really be telling everyone to step off the train to despotism!
Tuck and roll baby! f*** your stuff.

Josh Parker

Have you ever used one of these devices? They are worth all of that and I would gladly pay more for these premium devices. I forsee these phablets to continue to grow in high tech strides and fully expect them to increase in price.

Astar

@Josh Parker,

Have you ever used your brain? Or learnt to read spec sheets?

The best phones on the market have are truly bezel-less to give the biggest screen in the smallest phone possible. They have pop up or swivelling cameras. While pioneering under-display fingerprint scanners. And they cost less than these overpriced Samsungs with notches or punch hole cameras in the display.

Plus they would never short-change consumers by screwing them over with the removal of tiny but essential micro-SD card external storage or 3.5mm audio jacks.

They cost less and yet even have the quality assurance to offer 2 years warranty! Yep, I'm talking about the likes of Oppo, Vivo, Huawei.

That's world class manufacturing for you. Bet you don't even know that many Samsung phones are made in Chinese factories!

These Samsungs and Apples can get away with screwing over idiots like you because... well idiots like you exist begging to be screwed over!

AP

It's not in the 'wrong direction'. Sales are declining due to market saturation and the market leaders need to maximize profit margin on their flagship devices. The (wealthy) fanboys upgrade every year and buy the new phones at launch.

For the rest of us, there are options:

1) Buy midrange devices.

2) Buy a used handset.

3) Lengthen upgrade cycles to 3 years or more.

4) Wait 6-12 months before buying the phone, price would have dropped.

AP

Quote from: Astar on July 14, 2019, 18:20:21The best phones on the market have are truly bezel-less to give the biggest screen in the smallest phone possible. They have pop up or swivelling cameras.

Sorry, pop-up or swivelling cameras are a bad idea, mechanical moving parts and no waterproofing. Therefore, they're not the best phones.

Steve A

Waiting 6 months or so is actually very sound advice.  In addition to the price drop, it gives Samsung time to update software to fix bugs and add enhancements.  They also sometimes offer color options that aren't available on launch day as well.

Astar

Quote from: AP on July 14, 2019, 18:25:07
Quote from: Astar on July 14, 2019, 18:20:21The best phones on the market have are truly bezel-less to give the biggest screen in the smallest phone possible. They have pop up or swivelling cameras.

Sorry, pop-up or swivelling cameras are a bad idea, mechanical moving parts and no waterproofing. Therefore, they're not the best phones.

That's ridiculous! I am an outdoor hiking/mountaineering/caving and sports person and have never needed any waterproofing for my phones. Nor have I ever lost a phone to water damage. Just because you like to use your phone while underwater does not make waterproofing the best thing in the world (seriously, waterproof phones started in Japan because people there are so addicted to their phones that they have to use it in the shower). It just makes you a dumb phone addict.

Meanwhile a completely bezel-less phone benefits EVERYBODY because it makes a phone as small as possible WITHOUT loss of pixels to notches or punch holes of any kind. Its also ridiculous to still be making assumptions about pop-up cameras or swivel cameras being problematic. They've been out in the market for 2 years and there are hardly any problems with camera failures. You should also see the Youtube videos of the torture tests on the ASUS ZenFone 6 swivel camera module!

Arco

Astar

Well, you didn't need it YET. When you will need it. then i wish you good luck with your dead phone. No dust/waterproofed phone is a piece of junk to me.

Carmelo DeShields

There has been nothing mentioned about the Note 10/10+ having the feature power sharing.  Will it have this option

AP

Quote from: Astar on July 14, 2019, 22:00:11
Quote from: AP on July 14, 2019, 18:25:07

That's ridiculous! I am an outdoor hiking/mountaineering/caving and sports person and have never needed any waterproofing for my phones. Nor have I ever lost a phone to water damage. Just because you like to use your phone while underwater does not make waterproofing the best thing in the world (seriously, waterproof phones started in Japan because people there are so addicted to their phones that they have to use it in the shower). It just makes you a dumb phone addict.

Meanwhile a completely bezel-less phone benefits EVERYBODY because it makes a phone as small as possible WITHOUT loss of pixels to notches or punch holes of any kind. Its also ridiculous to still be making assumptions about pop-up cameras or swivel cameras being problematic. They've been out in the market for 2 years and there are hardly any problems with camera failures. You should also see the Youtube videos of the torture tests on the ASUS ZenFone 6 swivel camera module!

Sorry, the ASUS ZenFone 6 is not even water resistant, let alone IP68 certified.

And no, sometimes we might want to use the phone in a non-dry environment that's not underwater, that doesn't make us phone addicts.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview