News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

These Asus Armoury Crate power profiles don't make much sense

Started by Redaktion, July 06, 2019, 05:45:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Balanced = High Performance? These counterintuitive Asus power plans are more confusing to use than the default Windows Power Options menu. We go over how all these power plans relate to one another and why some may be superfluous.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/These-Asus-Armoury-Crate-power-profiles-don-t-make-much-sense.427047.0.html

cybort

Actually it's turbo means more GPU load, and balanced means not so much GPU load and allow CPU do more.

Allen.Ngo

We can only speak for the FX505DT, but 3DMark scores between Asus Balanced and Asus Turbo are identical. The major difference is louder fan noise for Turbo.

LWT

Very frustrating.

I wonder what benchmarks and fan noise are on the GX701GX when set to Windows + Balanced.

Was very disappointed when I read your review and "Balanced" nice was showing about 50db.

Maxxx

Hey Allen.Ngo you mentioned FX505 DT, that is the exact model which i got a month ago, and been playing around in Armory crate, my laptop has Ryzen 5 3550h CPU and GTX 1650 GPU, cpu temp reached 87 degrees at one point and all I play is world of warcraft, I used to play on Performance mode then switched to Silent and it was not as hot but still went over 80, when i switched to Turbo it got super loud of course due to fans runnings faster but also temp did not go above 76 degrees which i am happy with. Can you suggest what is the best option for me and should I worry about these temperatures? I run WoW on medium settings as i do not need any special effects, just want to enjoy the game without lags and to be able to play smooth. any answer is appriciated. thanks

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview