News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett will be based on differing generations of AMD GPUs

Started by Redaktion, June 14, 2019, 17:01:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony and Microsoft are both working with AMD to provide 7 nm graphics for their next-gen consoles, but the results of which may not be equal. According to multiple reports and perhaps even AMD itself, the next PlayStation and Xbox will be a generation of graphics performance apart.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-PlayStation-5-and-Xbox-Scarlett-will-be-based-on-differing-generations-of-AMD-GPUs.423928.0.html

Peter Scheel

Didn't Microsoft themselves confirm its Navi based?
Also, I think she also said "Next generation Radeon architectures" about the PS5. I'm pretty sure the two won't be a generation apart.

PUNKem733

Quote from: Peter Scheel on June 14, 2019, 23:21:20
Didn't Microsoft themselves confirm its Navi based?
Also, I think she also said "Next generation Radeon architectures" about the PS5. I'm pretty sure the two won't be a generation apart.

Yes they did at E3. Also From the executive editor of gamepro, and also two other sources talking to devs on the show floor, they all mentioned how the PS5 devkit is stronger then the next Xbox so far. But the PS5 is a gen behind.

Keng-Yuan Chang

XBOX has always been a bit more powerful than PS, but looking at the sales data, it doesn't seem to matter much.

PUNKem733

Quote from: Keng-Yuan Chang on June 16, 2019, 16:01:53
XBOX has always been a bit more powerful than PS, but looking at the sales data, it doesn't seem to matter much.

Except for PS3 vs 360, and xbone one vs PS4.

VicPosm

To the author of this article. I am an Xbox player. There is nothing I'd like to see more than a next-gen Xbox & PlayStation that are both true leaps in console power and technology, and I'm certain they both will be. I'm also certain that they will both be very close together in regards to power and performance. Of course if one is slightly more powerful on paper than the other, the fanboys will go wild. All of this aside, the real reason I'm contacting you is to let you know that one of your "sources" you listed (Parasite) is a complete and total fraud. He was a frequent poster on the "MisterX Media" site and has been publicly proven to be a liar on many occasions. I would suggest not using him as a source in the future if you want to be taken seriously.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview