News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Buying a Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1? Initial batches may have wake-from-sleep problems

Started by Redaktion, May 20, 2019, 23:01:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

While we can't speak for retail units already out in the wild, our specific test unit fails to wake properly after closing the lid or entering sleep mode. We recommend owners out there to double-check this or share your experiences below as it's possible that we simply had a bad luck of the draw.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Buying-a-Dell-Latitude-7400-2-in-1-Initial-batches-may-have-wake-from-sleep-problems.421220.0.html

Robert

Thanks a lot for the info! Been waiting for some reviews of this unit so can't wait for your full test. I'm especially curious about the quality of the matte (?) 1080p screen.

I'm choosing between this and Yoga/IdeaPad S940 that has a 4k 500 nits display, while I read this only has 300 nits. I have no idea which screen translates into best for working in sunlight conditions. Also worried the Dell might look incredibly dull like some poor matte screens can do. (My Ezio matte monitor looks great however, but many laptops I've checked look horrid.)

AA

$1600 for 128GB storage and non-upgradable 8GB memory is a bit much. The rumored selling point of this laptop was its 78 Wh battery, yet there's no mention at all in Dell's products page.

@Robert
Should you want a real matte touchscreen, HP EliteBook series offer a variety of etched-glass panels with some of the highest brightness in the market, from 450-nit FHD up to a 1000-nit FHD.

Otherwise, there are dozens of high-end laptops with 500-nit glossy screens from FHD to 4K UHD, both touch and non-touch, which can be applied with 3rd party matte screen protectors. This route is possibly the most ideal if you want a outdoor visible matte display on your laptop.

This particular Latitude laptop has a standard FHD glossy display (300-nit, 60% AdobeRGB, 1000:1) that can be found on most $600+ laptops with identical specs.

Between the two laptops, S940 UHD is the better choice, as long as you're fine with 5 hour battery life and relatively high price tag.

Jeremy

Looking at the current refresh Latitude line-up. Interested, to get one to replace my aging E7240.

I am considering, 7400 2 in 1. Also, vs 5300 2 in 1.

Beside 2 in 1, 5300 vs 7400 are quite interesting Laptop too.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview