News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung's expensive Notebook Odyssey with i7-8750H and RTX 2060 will likely struggle against dedicated gaming brands

Started by Redaktion, May 19, 2019, 10:36:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Samsung's new Notebook Odyssey gaming laptop (NP850XBC-X01US) is now available for pre-order. The somewhat distinctive-looking device features a display that seems to sit precariously on a large central hinge. Featuring an i7-8750H and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 GPU, Samsung is optimistically charging US$1,999.99 for its latest laptop.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-s-expensive-Notebook-Odyssey-with-i7-8750H-and-RTX-2060-will-likely-struggle-against-dedicated-gaming-brands.420853.0.html

MOFO

This is the most expensive and ugliest RTX 2060 laptop I have seen to date.
Whatever and whoever SAMSUNG is designing and running the gaming laptop division should be fired.

LWT

Of all the companies to make something this ugly.

Seems weird when even their household appliances look quite nice.

They -should- be making more stylish machines than Razer.

law

They're chasing Dell's design with that hinge style, albeit with higher hinge which makes it look bigger and uglier. Last edition's odyssey was more striking but not better. Samsung should rethink their pricing decision. They don't bear a household name in gaming laptop (yet even a laptop), The specs are ordinary for upper-mid gaming laptop, and the design isn't even on the same trend of sleek thin laptop to game. Even if they give a good quality and good performance in it, normal people would look at odyssey as odd choices.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview